welsh hounds

Guest whitser

I do not want to start an argument or anything but when I clicked on this post and saw a picture of that dog my first reaction was that it was an english hound not welsh! I was always told that the english hound was a little bit smaller and smoother coated, and the welsh hound was taller and slightly broken coated. Now whether or not this is 100% right I dont know im not into these types of hounds that much but a friend of a friend has had dogs like these and this is how they have referred to it to describe their hounds from english to welsh! (by the way nice looking dog mate). Here is a pic of local welsh hounds, these hounds were also at the caerphilly L+T show a couple of week

i was in this show mate and got talking to a boy who does alot with these hounds (think he helps the houndsmaster) and there are 2 english hounds in that pack. they are the 2 smooth coated big white dogs you can see them in the pic