Went hunting

I went Nutria Hunting again, I went w/ another guy who lived in the area I was hunting.. I went for 2 days firts day just me my friend and my two dogs, second day me Fred (local guy) and Tim and his dog..

newdog049.jpg

Daisy had a hell of a time getting the smaller one out from under a trailer, she bit its tail off pulling it out, but it hit her good in the neck, I see why people use cut-collars... Timmy killed the larger one almost all by him self, he did get a 2 in gash under his chin but he stuck to it till it was dead, the larger one was 25lbs the smaller one was 18-20lbs.. They were both cut up pretty good so we called it a day..

The next day it was me, Fred and and we brought Tim (10lbs) and Rio (22lbs).. They did good, it was Rio's first time, he jumped right in and I never herd a pep from him.. They worked well as a team.. Daisy was still to cut up to hunt so she was left behind..

newdog076.jpg

Timmy,

newdog046.jpg

Rio,

newdog010.jpg

The nutria have sharp teeth and cut the dogs like butter..

newdog056.jpg

Christian J

Those nutria are just like a giant rat aren't they........you can see why those teeth do serious damage to a dog: like chisels! Are they purely vegetarian and can you eat them or are they just vermin? More information please! Always good to see what folks are hunting in other countries.

I went Nutria Hunting again, I went w/ another guy who lived in the area I was hunting.. I went for 2 days firts day just me my friend and my two dogs, second day me Fred (local guy) and Tim and his dog..

newdog049.jpg

Daisy had a hell of a time getting the smaller one out from under a trailer, she bit its tail off pulling it out, but it hit her good in the neck, I see why people use cut-collars... Timmy killed the larger one almost all by him self, he did get a 2 in gash under his chin but he stuck to it till it was dead, the larger one was 25lbs the smaller one was 18-20lbs.. They were both cut up pretty good so we called it a day..

The next day it was me, Fred and and we brought Tim (10lbs) and Rio (22lbs).. They did good, it was Rio's first time, he jumped right in and I never herd a pep from him.. They worked well as a team.. Daisy was still to cut up to hunt so she was left behind..

newdog076.jpg

Timmy,

newdog046.jpg

Rio,

newdog010.jpg

The nutria have sharp teeth and cut the dogs like butter..

newdog056.jpg

Christian J

jesus there huge ant the size of the knashers on me

nice job bro see you got more pic's of the hunt good work :drink:

nice catch

but way dont you use a cutcollar ..?

I dont have one, But after the last outing I will not go w/o one.. I have tried to contact a maker of them and hope to hear back soon..

Christian J.

Christian, I dont know where your getting you cut collars from, but I have some made by JP and they are the kiddie. & he has tested & developed them.