Stop net / Gate net

Guest little_lloyd

Guest little_lloyd

Decided to get of my arse and do something with the netting from my old,, tandgled tradition 4z nylon long net,, So made a little stop net for cris-crossing the warren to increase catches when its most inportant,, Here is a few pictures,, I can not wait to use it. Next season i will purchase a 50 yd quickset method,, rather than this tradditonal malarky.

What do you reckon?

post-7667-1206718682.jpg

post-7667-1206718693.jpg

Lloydy..........use hazel wands as setting pegs.............half the thickness of them buggers..........and most important.....keep the head and foot lines tight and have the net a foot lower than in the picture.......so you have some decent bagging (kill)...........rabbits will bounce off it you set it like that mate. :laugh:

But it looks a useful stop net if set correctly..........nowt wrong with it as far as i can see ;)

Best Wishes

Rolfe.

looks like the rabbits will bounce nicely off that

Smart comment coming from a moderator....how long you been in the Rabbiting game now stubby ?.

It was'ent meant as a "smart comment" as you put it, it bloody gets my goat, that mods arnt allowed to have a joke, :wallbash:

Lloydy if you use a lurcher when you are ferreting then i wouldnt worry about howm bag you have in your stop net ... as the word suggests a stop net does just that ... stops the rabbit long enough for the dog to pick up and retrieve ..........

Guest little_lloyd
Lloydy if you use a lurcher when you are ferreting then i wouldnt worry about howm bag you have in your stop net ... as the word suggests a stop net does just that ... stops the rabbit long enough for the dog to pick up and retrieve ..........

On my ground they run the hedges,, My plan is to put this is the gap in the hedges they run. It has bag this net just the picture does not show it very well.