Shocking Collar

ive got a lurcher just lately i cant trust her with sheep 100% im thinking of getin one theses "shocking collars" just wondering what people think of them shes still young 10 months

anyone know were you can get a ok one cheap?

thanks

ive got a lurcher just lately i cant trust her with sheep 100% im thinking of getin one theses "shocking collars" just wondering what people think of them shes still young 10 months

thanks

alot on hear dont like them,as a training aid i dont either...if you train a dog coorrectly there is little need for a shock collar..BUT what i will say if you have stock broken your dog and it needs a permanent reminder as to the rules you cant fault them...some dogs just need a shock and it stays with them for ever curing the problem...the problem occurs because the shock system is open to abuse from bad trainers and they will do alot more harm than good...as for price there not cheap ours was around £160..but you can rent them iv been told..if you do go down this route,hold it against your own neck and trigger it.then you will have a full understanding as to what your using...

thanks

then buy a long rope instead much better mate

at ten months old hopefully theres still time ???

mines 5 months and first time he seen a cow he went beserk, i dont the neccesary buisness to shut him up..... i chucked him in a cow field today and he didnt want to look at them... although i think he will still need reminders as he gets older

we had one of then collars once for a lurcher of mine , it worked for a while, then thought we had cracked it, but as soon as the collar was off she went straight back to how she was.

i did use one with my first dog, Blade, for his yapping in the run... but he also knew when it was taken off that it wouldnt harm him.

if my pup yapps in the run now i chuck bucket of water over him...... he's learnt ;)

we had one of then collars once for a lurcher of mine , it worked for a while, then thought we had cracked it, but as soon as the collar was off she went straight back to how she was.

i did use one with my first dog, Blade, for his yapping in the run... but he also knew when it was taken off that it wouldnt harm him.

if my pup yapps in the run now i chuck over him...... he's learnt ;)

that's what i do bucket of water dos the job or a hose pipe

thanks

where i stay they r plenty sheep mate n i own 1 a these collers they r worth every penny if u.ve got a real sheep worrier n need 2 use it as a last option they r a class coller...last option if u cant get it brocken with stock,i recomend it.. :thumbs:

we used the gas one on a rescue lurcher we had it worked well, cheepest we could get them was from

DogCageStore.com

No wonder they have a bad rep if they are called "shocking collars". An "electric collar" can be a usefull tool IF used by someone with some knowledge, if used by someone with crap timing and no knowledge of behaviour they can be terrible. They can be used dependent on the dogs temperament and the nature of the problem, far too may people use them as a quick fix with no thouyght as they can't be arsed to solve the problem another way.

Tallyho, the dog should wear the collar off and on for a significant period of time so it doesn't associate the correction with the collar.

i had a collie that was gonna be put down or rehomed because of its behaviour and insesant barking,got a collar and within 5 minutes stopped barking and now walks to heel and behaves better than any other dog in the village.

i had to use one on my beddy for fighting, it worked to well though, now shes very submissive around other dogs.

I should say that i wish i gave her a bit more time to grow out of it before i resorted to the collar. wouldnt have done it again although it seemed like the only option at the time.

Edited by kvnmcwebn