Many of you planning to go to CLA this year?

Me Mrs TSA, little TSA and the dogs will be there camping for the full show. It really is THE show to end all shows, not just from a field sports point of view but all things countryside, farming, cooking the lot, reall great few days and the atmosphere at the camp site is great. This years is prob the best venue they use too.....

sporting shooter.you better of going to midland game fair weston park shrops

The Midland is a great show, its big and an ideal place to grab those end of season (show season) bargains; but its not a patch on the size and content of the CLA, you really have to go once just to see what its all about. It is a bit pricey but its bloody good.

The camping set up is great, there are always groups of campers having parties and BBQ's; its a completely diferent show to any of the others.

When was it cancelled?..............last year...........

Did the folk that paid for pitches ever get there money back?................if not, then I think the CLA should go feck itself!!

When was it cancelled?..............last year...........

Did the folk that paid for pitches ever get there money back?................if not, then I think the CLA should go feck itself!!

Yes it was last year. I have a few friends that had stands booked. I know there was a huge ding dong over guys not getting their money back but from what I understand its been sorted now. There were big complaints and even legal cases.

I don't think anyone had money refunded but there were amicable agreements met. One of the guys I know, makes great leather gun slips etc, has booked for this year, because of the deal he has struck with them including a discount etc; and he was one of the traders at the forefront of the complaints.

I think the CLA realised that by doing something to help the traders it would be better for the whole show, what with this year being the 50th anniversary of the show and last year the centenary of the organisation.

I hope to be there, i have always been intrigued by the people who come back with bargains and who say that there is a great atmosphere, what would you say is the minimum number of days to cover it, two?

If you plan on seeing everything and getting a feel for the whole thing then you def need more than one day. I always travel over on the Thursday, and then leave on the Monday morning; its not cheap that way but it is a great few days.

Highly recomend it; and if you are going to do more than one day; camp on site don't B&B in Woodstock. The campsite at Blenheim is right next to the showground (at some of the others its a bit of a longer walk), well worth it.