Ferreting nets

HI there, was just wondering if anyone knew where to get good quality hemp rabbit nets from? As I have a few but would like some more as the other string nets I own just keep getting tangled tangled and more tangled until you can't use them anymore!!

Any information will gratefully be recieved.

HI there, was just wondering if anyone knew where to get good quality hemp rabbit nets from? As I have a few but would like some more as the other string nets I own just keep getting tangled tangled and more tangled until you can't use them anymore!!

Alright mate i brought some off of ebay!! they are really good quality and fairly priced!

Guest kill_that_rabbit

I recently got ten from Ebay for 20 quid, not sure if this is steep or cheap or whatever as most of mine came free from my grandad's farm. they were in surprisingly good knick actually, considering they are hemp and he found them in a damp cellar lol!

String! :o

Learn to untangle your nets :D ....There's a few guys on here that make nets.

I can untangle them but it just gets really annoying before and after everytime you go out you wasting your time untangling them!!

String! :o

Learn to untangle your nets :D ....There's a few guys on here that make nets.

made nets for years, and had plenty disciples who i taught to make salmon nets , rabbit nets was a good hobby for years and had ends of fun and infamy catching fish rabbs etc creels , make your own mate and learn

Guest Ditch_Shitter
I can untangle them but it just gets really annoying before and after everytime you go out you wasting your time untangling them!!

Play Darts, mate. Ye not cut out for all this :no:

Play Darts, mate. Ye not cut out for all this :no:

Shitter! you know what he means, I always prefer hemp over nylon, as the nylon ones are a nightmare in the hawthorn hedges.

Guest digdeep

I`m going to try and make some of my own, just need to get the tools and materials

so if i don`t post nothing for a while it means my fingers are tired together :whistling::icon_redface:

even if its just some thing to keep me busy and away from the beer gardens over the summer month`s

I had a look in the C.M.W and there is an advert for Natural hemp 500gm spool £9.95, think i`ll try that

but what about needle size? they have them in 5" 6" 7" or 8" is it just down to what "you" prefer, or do the different size`s have other purpose`s?

i use smaller needles for starting away thn cut and knot then use a big needle thta i use for bass and other fishes etc two needles usaly suffices , i have several i load them up start knitting and go mad for a few hours then chuck them away till i get the notion again , nothing better than makeing youre own nets for rabbits fishh ie salmon bass etc , creels etc for lobbys crabs a good method if you have time on your hands