rabbit stopper

have heard that they will take a rabbit out, if near enough, either a crossman or the chinky copy, both quite cheap I think,

my mate at work bought the copy, but with the larger screw in from the front bottle, a complete set up, tele sights,silencer,gun bag,pellets etc only cost him a little over £130, and I got to pick it up for him, was very suprised how quite it was

• 2 weeks later...

it says not a toy on the barrell but in my oppinion it may as well be.only the first half dozen shotsout of bottle powerfull enough to kill rabbits at 25yards.gas bottle tends to jam in barrell bolt handle dodgy either jams or falls off

can anyone tell me what them rabbit stoppers

are like power wise do you rate or are they not worth it.help appreciated cheers all

I've got one that I use on rats close up, for which its OK.

Pros:

• nice and light compared to a proper pcp.
  • accurate enough sub 30 yards
  • err.... did I mention its light?

Cons:

• fragile with a thin exposed barrel
  • way too expensive new
  • no scope grooves as standard
  • first shot from a fresh co2 cylinder can be anywhere from just a few FPS to full power, after that about 10-15 good shots.

I've no doubt up close it would be adequate, but I wouldn't want to rely on it.

crap ... gotta be close to take rabbits ok for rats etc .. you can get the power up but i didnt like the one i had but everyone to there own id buy a cheap qb78 or 79 what ever they are called and get it modded for a £10 from manchester airrifles better gun and cheaper without the mod on a par with the rabbit stopper