.22 pellets

Evening all

As a new member, I could do with some guidance please.

I have recently purchased a .22 BSA Lightning XL with a 4x40 scope (my first air rifle - I have shotguns already)) which I'm very pleased with.

Can anyone advise on pellets best matched to this gun for the range of 25 - 50 yds?

I'm also considering legally changing it to a higher FAC rated spring. The same pellet question applies to this higher rated spring.

Any comments about the webley 4x40 scope?

Someone also mentioned that a 3x9x56 would be even better!

Would this fit on std mounts on the LightningXL?

i had a lighting long time ago now nice hunting rifle .i think i will get another one day .

pellets mine liked accupell pellets .i did a few tests they were the best in mine right up to 50yrds didnt go any higher i only used it for hunting wabbits ect :drink:

hello there, i recently bought the tactical xl and personally found that accupels and rws superdome field line have achieved the best results. if anything the rws pellets seem more snug. i have found myself picking them over the accupels. after owning this rifle for a bit over a month now , im really at ease shooting it now. im destroying wabbits at 35 -40 no problem with the confidence that if the right shot presented itself i would go for a 45-50 with the peace of mind it would be clean( well quick i mean) kill. out of interest do you own a chronograph?? i found some pellets hurled me over the limit, so i am very carefull what tin of pellets comes with me on my shoots. i foolishly the other day decided due to the rain, to set up a little indoor shooting range. ended up blasting 4 perfect holes straight through a marks and spencers catalogue and right on through my pvc double glazing door. in 12 yrs of shooting i have never done somthing so dumbass. was genuinely scared of the missus coming home :icon_eek:

Evening all

I have recently purchased a .22 BSA Lightning XL with a 4x40 scope (my first air rifle - I have shotguns already)) which I'm very pleased with.

Can anyone advise on pellets best matched to this gun for the range of 25 - 50 yds?

I'm also considering legally changing it to a higher FAC rated spring. The same pellet question applies to this higher rated spring.

The 4x40 Webley is a fairly basic scope but in principle is adequate for most things you could do with a 12ft lb XL. a 3-9 X 56, Like for like, would pretty obviously be better! Don't know about the mounts but it could be a problem!

Pellets and range and FAC????, personally I do not suggest pushing springers almost anything above 12ft lb! Lots to try and check up to 12ft lb.

Evening all

What shotguns do you have mate and what do you use them for? clays maybe!! or wildfowling or big game. :whistling:

If you do get your airgun uprated to FAC I recomend dum dum pellets and drop them wabbits at 300yds :doh:

Evening all

What shotguns do you have mate and what do you use them for? clays maybe!! or wildfowling or big game. :whistling:

If you do get your airgun uprated to FAC I recomend dum dum pellets and drop them wabbits at 300yds :doh:

Not again ..is it ????

Evening all

Not again ..is it ????

I recon so mate :thumbs: