Pi**ed Off

I went to my new shoot this evening for a recce but took the gun along incase anything popped up.

Very promising runs, warrens etc. in various fields (six fields in total).

I had some time to kill so i decided to wait up in ambush for a while. I paced out the distance, 30yards. Then I laid up in ambush:

After about 15 minutes the first one popped up. It was a young one (owner wants them all gone), took a shot... missed! It ran away.

Five more minutes, another one runs out and stops. Exactly 30yards.

I steadied the shot, and fired... another miss!

After about 10minutes another one comes out at the same distance and this time it was an adult. Bigger target so more chance of hitting it in the kill zone.

Took aim and fired. Missed again!

Decided to leave it at that. All shots were taken around the 30 yard mark, all perfectly still and all aimed just behind the eye but i got nothing.

I'm wondering whether it's incorrect zeroing (i doubt it because i took a practice shot and it was right where i aimed) or if it's a lack of power(but i took out a collared dove at 40 yards just last weekend with a perfect headshot).

Sorry for such a long thread but could someone shed some light on this?

Thankyou

Guest oldskool

i had awful bloody problems with my .22 rifle and air rifle... it turned out to be a loose alan key screw (take down screw) at the trigger guard... i spent ages torking all the screws around the scope and every now and again it would take off shooting brilliant and then go back to shooting all over the place again... its :wallbash: stuff!!! my advice would be to make sure all your screws are nice and tight... and the alan screws are all in good order! if you get one that the alan key is popping out of when it not quite tight enough then replace it to save agro...

If you keep going on like that you'll have to change your username. :D

Seriously though if I were in your position I'd have to have a zeroing session

because there is obviously something amiss.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, When your shooting are you following through? And i don't mean in your pants :icon_redface:

It could be that your pulling the shot off to quickly?

When you shoot stay in the aim and watch the bunny be bowled over, Hopefully.

safe shooting mate and good luck