How useful are bull x's really?

:wallbash: What does everyone think of this current obsession of everyone to have bull x's? Having been out more than a few times with several different lads with dogs that had varying amounts of bull blood in them and to be honest i do not rate them one bit.To me they are to slow and heavy built and when they do catch at times the quarry looked like it had been put through a mincer.True they look the part in a show ring but in the field what good are they? :whistling:

i have a 3/4 greyhoundx1/4bull, he is the best lurcher i have had, he is fast enough to catch hares, he retrieves back to hand, and this includes shot fur and feather, he is broke to all livestock and is 100% game, he does everything that is asked of him

:wallbash: Seen two different 3/4 breds on long ears and was not impressed there was no danger of them catching a fit hare and were severely outclassed

:wallbash: What does everyone think of this current obsession of everyone to have bull x's? Having been out more than a few times with several different lads with dogs that had varying amounts of bull blood in them and to be honest i do not rate them one bit.To me they are to slow and heavy built and when they do catch at times the quarry looked like it had been put through a mincer.True they look the part in a show ring but in the field what good are they? :whistling:

always wonderd what a 3/4 grey 1/4 bull would be like , were they good on long ears , i know wud have been good on charlie , but what about everything else

no they are good i think i have seen a haevy dog catch rabbits and all game pre ban also they are good for the way they lunge at every time in a run unlike some breeds that hang back a bit not nocking any breeds in peticular :cough: saluki :cough: but thye have a good drive nose is good to they smell stuff out well
YES MATE MAYBE BUT I.V SEEN BULLX.S DAYTIME APPLY THERE ABS AND CANT EVEN BEND AN HARE ON LAMP THATS ONLY THE FEW I.V SEEN RUN THOUGH MITE BE BETTER OUT THERE

you havent been out with a good one then imo theres good and bad in all breeds

here we fu**ing go again, this thread has been up time and time again it is each to there own . some people like bull xs some dont, what the fook does it matter it depends on what quarry you want them for. yes i also know that there is other kinds of lurchers out there that can do the job too so what good luck to them , i like my bull xs and thats why i keep them. they do the job for me .

my uncle had a saluki grey bull grey and was the mutts nuts on all quarry. i never skinned any rabbits he caught, so wouldnt no if they were munched..... but done a few deer with him and he always liked a throat hold. could bend with hares, and kill foxes....

like with any breed, theres good uns & theres bad uns

here we fu**ing go again, this thread has been up time and time again it is each to there own . some people like bull xs some dont, what the fook does it matter it depends on what quarry you want them for. yes i also know that there is other kinds of lurchers out there that can do the job too so what good luck to them , i like my bull xs and thats why i keep them. they do the job for me .

i agree its all horses for courses! :thumbs:

no they are good i think i have seen a haevy dog catch rabbits and all game pre ban also they are good for the way they lunge at every time in a run unlike some breeds that hang back a bit not nocking any breeds in peticular :cough: saluki :cough: but thye have a good drive nose is good to they smell stuff out well

how old are u then ferreter