i mean photos of lambs, roes, birds ......

i dont have any pictures because i never carry a camera but i have seen 300 plus dead pheasant poults in 1 pen becuase mr fox has paid a visit my mate also forgot to lock his hens in for one night and mr fox killed the lot !

no doubt there will be loads of pictures in a couple of months time when the birds are put to the woods ! :angry:

i mean photos of lambs, roes, birds ......

had a lamb on my shoot and he had his guts ripped out. fox wouldnt have killed him so he must have died of something else. but the fox was feeding on him as i could see where he had been. anyway the next night we went we waited

and he was back to feed. so my mate let him in range and then he feed him with the 12 bore :laugh:

but we havent been there for a bit and the last time we went i counted 6 in one night and i no there not the same ones.

and that is only on 100 acres or less. so will have to hit it soon again.

Guest oldskool

its a good idea putting up pics of the damage they can do... it would be even better if we could take some red handed pics but its a feckin rare man that can grab a camera instead of a shotgun when you hear a caffuffle goin on outside... i could have taken a picture last week of the sussex rooster i lost to mr fox but i never would have thought of it... my dad got out there first with the torch and frightened him off anyway....

i'm sure he'l be back and i'll see if i can manage a snap with the digi cam before i give him a .22

Guest JohnGalway
had a lamb on my shoot and he had his guts ripped out. fox wouldnt have killed him so he must have died of something else.

I would put money on birds, hoodie, magpie, raven etc. They go for the eyes/brain, tounge and guts first then the rest. Usually have the lamb turned on his back and legs opened out.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

This doesn't look much. But the story behind it is that it's a badger sett in the bank of a drainage ditch. Every year my neighbour pays to have the ditch re excevated. Every year, the badgers chuck their spoil out and block it up again. It's costing him hundreds of Euro. It's as if he's paying them rent to live on his land. Then they emerge to rip holes all over his pasture :wallbash:

Costing the Earth

post-3041-1205767319.jpg

Mheanwhile, their extensive underground burrowing is destroying the land features above. This was part of his vital cattle fence! He can no longer risk driving a tractor down this track either.

Subsidance

post-3041-1205767562.jpg

So, there's a start for ye. I'm sure others can provide more graphic stuff.

This doesn't look much. But the story behind it is that it's a badger sett in the bank of a drainage ditch. Every year my neighbour pays to have the ditch re excevated. Every year, the badgers chuck their spoil out and block it up again. It's costing him hundreds of Euro. It's as if he's paying them rent to live on his land. Then they emerge to rip holes all over his pasture :wallbash:

Costing the Earth

post-3041-1205767319.jpg

Mheanwhile, their extensive underground burrowing is destroying the land features above. This was part of his vital cattle fence! He can no longer risk driving a tractor down this track either.

Subsidance

post-3041-1205767562.jpg

So, there's a start for ye. I'm sure others can provide more graphic stuff.

thnx

there was a programme on bbc 1 at 10 am last week about zoo s and a fox got in the shed and killed 5 flamingo s and another 3 died due to shock so thats 8 flamingo s and 1 rare blue canadian goose in 1 night no pics but was televised so good enough

Guest DogFaceKillah

when i was training as a keeper one fox claimed 400 poults in one night, snared the whole wood lamped every night, renadined the lot, every measure was taken night watch ect, no sign, this is because the same fox was to busy hitting the partrige out in the feilds, claimed another 200, all in the space of two weeks, we finally got the buger very old vixen super clever!