COW SHIIIT

my mum had a dobermann that would eat human shit, not none of ours, but round worcester there is a few gypsy camps round by the fields she used to walk in and the dog would pick it up from there, the dog bloody stank after having a munch on that.

just checked dogs health a/z its known as coprophiagia says it could be stabilisation of gut flora or lack of minerals but nothing to worry about as most dogs discard the habit

plenty of dogs do it...annoying as it is..especially when they want to give you an affectionate lick...with terd on their breath!!!

I understand that dogs that shit krud......generally are lacking something in their diet....

my old boarder used to love munching cat shit out of the litter tray....the dirty little f****r. :sick: :sick:

Guest reload
Eating a bit of a herbivores shit is NOT a problem at all.

Dont be pansy about it, its natural and not a problem...... :thumbs:

Sounds like a townie thread this one....

what do you mean by townie thread. is that you having ago at people who live in the towns.

No not at all, but the amount of people who worry that there dog eats some cow shit, does sound like a townie angle, rather than a person brought up in the countryside, and seen it all there lives. Sorry to upset anyone, maybe townie was harsh, its more 'a less experienced dog owner' would of been better and we all start out some where, so i hope this info helps.

Its nothing to worry about, but if there eating there own or another dogs then there is a problem....Biggest problem is if it becomes habitual ;)

I've seen a lot of dogs do it, cow and horse and cat shit. Mine both did it when but grew out of it, they can both pass a good pile of horse shit without taking a mouthful...that said they sometimes still do it...and a good piece of cat shit is something they can't refuse...

Eating horse shit...well ok some good predigested grass...but cat shit is pretty nasty and stinky :(

L

Edited by Lennard
Ive got a bit of a problem with my pup!(5 months old) He keeps eating cows shiiit! (Dont laugh its doing my nut in!) It just doesnt stop there, he has even started eating horse shiiit aswell! :icon_eek: Now he is well fed on all the best feeds, but everytime I take him up the mountains, he finds some cow or horse shiiit and eats a small bit of it. Now the thing is this shiiit is full of worm eggs and god knows what so how am I going to stop him doing this? It is absolutely driving me bonkers :wallbash: I was told that some time ago whether this is true or not that they could smell sugar beat in the shiiit! lmao! Now seriously does anybody know what I could do about it?

Just to let you know aswell the cow shit is dry not wet if thats of any help! :laugh::boogie:

It does my nut in as well, but they usually grow out of it. I had a dog once that rolled in human shite at the back of a car park and got covered in it, I had to jet wash it when I got home. How does that grab you?

take the dog out and when it is eating a bit of shit put curry powder all over it and let it eat it never tryed it but it should work :icon_eek:

my mum had a dobermann that would eat human shit, not none of ours, but round worcester there is a few gypsy camps round by the fields she used to walk in and the dog would pick it up from there, the dog bloody stank after having a munch on that.

mmmmm curry flavoured shit.laughed my arse off reading this topic.had a lurcher once that liked nothing better than a roll in any human shit it could find :D :sick: