any ideas?

I have a jill that for the last 3 or 4 months has not been returning without the use of a teaser. Is it a temporary phase or does anyone know any tricks or am i stuck? Any advice gratefully recieved

if you mean when your ferreting and she skulks when she comes out of the holes ,as its nearly the end of the season all i would do is handle her as much as you can during the summer to build her confidence up and put some pipe in her cage to play in and i woulnd"nt use a teaser to get her out as this can work against you just stand back and let her come out on her own and dont rush at her to pick her up, hope this helps

I have a jill that for the last 3 or 4 months has not been returning without the use of a teaser. Is it a temporary phase or does anyone know any tricks or am i stuck? Any advice gratefully recieved

if you mean when your ferreting and she skulks when she comes out of the holes ,as its nearly the end of the season all i would do is handle her as much as you can during the summer to build her confidence up and put some pipe in her cage to play in and i woulnd"nt use a teaser to get her out as this can work against you just stand back and let her come out on her own and dont rush at her to pick her up, hope this helps

Thanks "pigeonphill", yes i did mean that she sulks when she comes out of the holes. I think you pinpointed the problem, thanks again i will work on your advice. I have five ferrets and she is the only one that is unrelated do you think this could be affecting her confidence?

Thanks "pigeonphill", yes i did mean that she sulks when she comes out of the holes. I think you pinpointed the problem, thanks again i will work on your advice. I have five ferrets and she is the only one that is unrelated do you think this could be affecting her confidence?

ive got one ferret what does not like one of my other ferrets and will attack her when there together but if yours get on when there together i would just put it down to a past bad experience

a skulking ferret is usually caused by grabbing the ferret when it comes up the hole as previous said just perservere and handle as much as you can try it in small shallow holes it takes a lot of time to stop it

thanks for the advice, she has been a great little worker and would hate to retire, hopefully now she wont have to.

Agreed...just keep handling her as much as possible. If you have some tubes or something for your ferrets to play in, get her used to coming out of the tube, and then being handled.

Lovely stuff.

thanks spot on! I was only thinking about her not coming to hand when out working but actually she's not comfy with being handled any time.