female harris hawk

bullet

had a female harris hawk today, well inpressed with her already

she has a broken talon which is growing back so all is well :toast:

here she is

DSCF3083.jpg

DSCF3086.jpg

she was too good of oppertunity to miss, she is p/r and was bred last year, she has been manned but not flown free

Edited by bullet

Nice looking bird mate. Its good to see birds on proper perches and not on bike handle bars etc!

How did she break her talon and is her beak as blunt as it looks or is it the photo? al

her talon was broken in her pen when the lad aquired the bird, and the beak has been trimmed back some today as it was just catching the lower beak, all in order now, thanks for the concern

cheers bunnyblaster for the help of getting me this bird :thumbs:

:clapper: its about time you got a female roll on next season :gunsmilie:

Nice looking bird mate. Its good to see birds on proper perches and not on bike handle bars etc!

How did she break her talon and is her beak as blunt as it looks or is it the photo? al

her talon was broken in her pen when the lad aquired the bird, and the beak has been trimmed back some today as it was just catching the lower beak, all in order now, thanks for the concern

cheers bunnyblaster for the help of getting me this bird :thumbs:

Edited by bunny blaster
bullet re the grease nipple,does it,the top that is spin freely??

did you make it youself,if so does it work on a bering

and how long do you have the leash

sorry for all the questions,

thanks daz

the top spins freely enough mate, the leash kept getting tangled on the grease nipple making the bird to hang up side down at times, i use a standerd size leash on my bird, there's a ring to tether your bird to that slides up and down, i bought it job lot with some other things

i'll try and take some pics tomorrow for you mate :thumbs:

ok thanks bullet,i was asking about the leash length as ive seen a pic of one somewhere in the last 12 months or so,cant remember where, and the the ring on it was half way up the pole which looked about 6 foot,so i would say the leash was 3foot long to the birds feet hope this makes sence.just wondered how long it should be compaired to the pole.thanks daz