Air gun laws

Hi Wabbithunter,

You will have to apply for a Fire Arms Certificate. Any gun shop will be able to give you an application pack and a letter stating you are going to buy an air rifle from them. You will need to show you have land to shoot over and provide referees.

I am just applying for my FAC now and have been told it could well take 4 - 6 months to come through.

Hope this helps.

Stefan.

hi,

i was wondering do the same laws apply in northern ireland as england, where you can use a air rifle on private land or are they banned over here? and can you courier them over here?

i am asking as i am interested in buying a air rifle if i can

HOWS IT GOIN MATE you wuld be better gettin your gun here as you will need your licence number to buy it in england and gun shops over there will only send a gun to a dealer and not a private address so it will take twice as long to get shooting . it could take up to 9-10 months at the minute as it is :wallbash: slow as hell i know. also if its any help take yourself to sammys shooting supplies in ballyward for a gun i have dealt with a few dealers and they cant touch him at all.if you need directions pm me and i will tell you how to find him. hope this helps :big_boss:

hi,

i was wondering do the same laws apply in northern ireland as england, where you can use a air rifle on private land or are they banned over here? and can you courier them over here?

HOWS IT GOIN MATE you wuld be better gettin your gun here as you will need your licence number to buy it in england and gun shops over there will only send a gun to a dealer and not a private address so it will take twice as long to get shooting . it could take up to 9-10 months at the minute as it is :wallbash: slow as hell i know. also if its any help take yourself to sammys shooting supplies in ballyward for a gun i have dealt with a few dealers and they cant touch him at all.if you need directions pm me and i will tell you how to find him. hope this helps :big_boss:

tango your not to far away from me mate,small shop but good prices do you do any ferreting? :gunsmilie:

hi,

tango your not to far away from me mate,small shop but good prices do you do any ferreting? :gunsmilie:

used to do a load but rabbits are so thin on the ground i dont do as much now .nearly all lamping foxs now but still go out the odd day :gunsmilie: