whats the name of the bread of this dog.

Guest dotty

I think maybe those are the ones they used to breed down there to watch the slaves back in the day.

They was a case in the states where they killed the gardner a while back.

I think the dogs you are thinking of are the Fila Brasileiro which were said to track slaves and hunt Jaguar as well as being alround farm mastiffs. Filas are very "houndy" so i don't think these are them.

The dog that "killed" the gardener in the USA was actually and old english mastiff, the dogs were owned by the film star Ving Rhames.

Afetr the autopsy had taken place they found out the gardener died of a heart attack and the dogs were standing over him and gaurding him.

All the dogs were returned to Rhames and all charges dropped.

and if i remember correctly, i think it was all over the press in america when they thought it was the dogs,....and bad publicity was again given to bull breeds etc.....

but i dont think there was much publicity when they found out the true story....???

valentino

Yeah your correct, it started off as a killer dog attack when they thought it was the dogs then just faded away when they found out the truth.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images