Daystate Air Ranger

First thing to say is I've never used one of these but I have a lot of experience on the old Huntsman and I've been looking after a mates MK3 for about a year now.

I just dont see ANY point in the Air Ranger. :no:

It was designed as a FAC tool, not a 12ft lb gun, just so happens you get quite a lot of shots at 12. So what??? Costs a fortune and value for money there are better at 12ft lb IMHO.

As a FAC tool...who wants it....power up to 80 ft lb and a direct line to your dive shop for non stop charges! Again price is daft and so is the price and availability of most pellets for this thing when you get much over 30ft lb. :thumbdown:

You can buy a .22 rimmy for far less and have a choice of caps, shot shells, shorts, longs, LR, which will give you power range from just below 30ft lb up to about 200ft lb. :thumbs:

So I ask myself what is this thing meant to be and who on earth would want one to do what with? :hmm:

PS

I find it difficult to compare with the 410 Carbine as frankly I see them as VERY different guns!

Edited by Deker
Anyone have the Daystate Air Ranger is so whats your views on it and how would you compare it with the Air Arms S410 Carbine?

Good points and bad wanted.

in what 22 or 177 mate ? if its 22 and you plan to go fac then get the air ranger. but your lose money on it

i would buy a fac air rifle allready done as these can be had for bargain prices. i would have the aa s410k

if its in standard 12ftlb and i would have it in 177 to. i have one and even now i have fac air and rimfires

i still like shooting with the standard 12ftlb 177 air arms for pigeons and doves round the farm yard :thumbs:

Thanks for the replies guys most apprciated i all ready own the s410carbine fac.

Deker does the air ranger really go up to 80ftlbs, and to tune it from 12ftlb to say 30 to 80ftlbs could

you do this your self if so is it by a screw or would you have to get it specially tuned.

Thanks again AG.

Thanks for the replies guys most apprciated i all ready own the s410carbine fac.

Deker does the air ranger really go up to 80ftlbs, and to tune it from 12ftlb to say 30 to 80ftlbs could

you do this your self if so is it by a screw or would you have to get it specially tuned.

Thanks again AG.

Daystate quote it as 80ft lb!!!!

I believe there are at least 2 and I think 3 stages of power adjustment.

This is achieved through valving and hammer spring changes (simple explaination), Via Daystate or presumably by yourself if you had the technical ability. Within each power "band" a certain amount of user flexibility is possible.

Thanks again AG.

how many shots you get out of the aa s410k running it at fac mate ? not many i bet is it :hmm:

I have a lot of experience on the old Huntsman

Hello decker

like you i use a falcon but was interested in what you have to say about the huntsman, could you tell me a little about them as im finding it hard to get any info on them, the mk1s more so.

regards

MC

I have a lot of experience on the old Huntsman

Hello decker

like you i use a falcon but was interested in what you have to say about the huntsman, could you tell me a little about them as im finding it hard to get any info on them, the mk1s more so.

regards

MC

Hi

Not sure what to say about the Huntsman really, single shot rear bolt pcp and a bit fiddly to get the pellet in I seem to recall. Must have been about 12 - 14 years ago I got it, and I sold it in 2000. Mine was made up to FAC after about a year and I was running it about 28-30ft lb. I seem to remember it was quite reliable although I had to make one or two adjustments to the cocking lever/loading probe. Truth is I sold it because I wanted a multishot and the best available for this at the time was a 2 shot modification I believe. It was my first pcp, I liked it but time moved on from my point of view!

Cheers

Just remembered, it did like Accupels, carried on using them with the Falcon when I got it and soon found that hates them. AA Field 5.51 now almost exclusively in the Falcon. :thumbs:

Edited by Deker
Intresting thanks Deker it aint as easy as the s410 just a simple screw.

But your screw is unlikely to give you consistancy of shot if you crank it ALL the way up and you are still not going to get anywhere close to 80ft lb..there is only so much you can do before valving etc needs looking at! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker