The ultimate off roader?

I've recently taken possesion of an 'o4 Qpod sport. I know you probably haven't heard of it, but I've had a hankering for one for a while now. Only 2 wheel drive, just a 340cc single cylinder engine, but what a machine! I've been plodding it around some bogged up fields and up some crazy inclines around the clifftops here in Cornwall and it hasn't even hesitated. The big knobbly tyres just bite and push it on. Being left hand drive and open sided and topped, I think this will be the vehicle of choice for lamping from now on. My 12 year old daughter is already pretty good at driving it.

The real bonus is that when I've finished playing, I just drive it home. Fully road legal, with a top speed of about 50mph, over 60 mpg and insurance for £86, I'm over the moon.

I know it'll never float like an Argocat, but has anyone else found a similar unknown gem like this??

post-14968-1203371232_thumb.jpg

I've recently taken possesion of an 'o4 Qpod sport. I know you probably haven't heard of it, but I've had a hankering for one for a while now. Only 2 wheel drive, just a 340cc single cylinder engine, but what a machine! I've been plodding it around some bogged up fields and up some crazy inclines around the clifftops here in Cornwall and it hasn't even hesitated. The big knobbly tyres just bite and push it on. Being left hand drive and open sided and topped, I think this will be the vehicle of choice for lamping from now on. My 12 year old daughter is already pretty good at driving it.

The real bonus is that when I've finished playing, I just drive it home. Fully road legal, with a top speed of about 50mph, over 60 mpg and insurance for £86, I'm over the moon.

I know it'll never float like an Argocat, but has anyone else found a similar unknown gem like this??

:hmm: theres a lad of this site goes lamping in one of those with his dad iv seen them near bridlington,i wonderered who it was waveing,then spiderpig pulled up with daddy both wearing piss pot helmets and hi viz vest :icon_eek: when i asked what the heck they were playing at he :icon_eek: replied were lamping moter,i said wheres the dogs,he said oh no we use donkeys on our land!i said where he said there behind you no pillock there was two donkies leap frogging and makeing like a baying sound running round a animal ! i said feck me they have yacked he said no there pulling your goat maaawwwwww :toast:

Edited by moter poacher

Beats getting cold and wet? I've just done 30 odd miles in it this evening just for a laugh, but I'm definately on the chilly side. The grin on my face is still frozen in place!

There are very few of these about, I've seen them from £1k for an 8 year old non road registered one upwards. I paid £1600 for my 4 year old with loads of extras. If I see another at this price I will be sorely tempted. Keep your eyes open and if one comes along at the right price, either buy it or let me know and I will. :clapper:

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the 0 - 60 mph Elmer ;). just showed my lad this and he is now crazing me to get one for around the Farms.

I'm sure Top Gear tested some simular models a bit beefed up hitting 0 - 60 in about 5 seconds! I must admit as a boys toy I would love one :angel:.....

Use it for lamping? Me and my mate walked about 12 miles around muddy fields last night, over gates, through barbed wire, electric fencing, ditches and dykes in gale force winds carrying 12 rabbits and I'm over 50. Now thats lamping! Thats a real adrenalin rush.

Ha! Well after a coupla nights without visiting the site I see I have a couple of comments.

0-60? I don't think so! It'll do about 50mph as standard, and beleive me, that's fast enough. It gets to 30mph as fast as anything around town tho', used it extensively for local use.

Real lamping involves falling in ditches and getting caught in barbed wire? I remember that, then I bought a torch! :whistling: I have found that most fields are equippped with a "gate" which enables vehicles to come and go as they please. Tho' why do farmers always put them in the muddiest part of the field? :D

Elma,

Please keep us updated, you've got me wanting one now.

have you found any issues with them yet?

My only down side is it will have to fit through my garden gate as I haven't got a garage. I will have to measure the gate....

Bagpuss