hilux surf??????

hi all thinking of gettin shot of me old shogun and getting a hilux surf diesel either 2.5/3.0 dont know yet ..ive herd they have head probs. thing is ive got to get this type of 4x4 as my boys wheel chair has to fit in the back along with all my old shit lol...way i see it there just a estate hilux??? any way cheers in advance bulls :D

Edited by bullsmilk

The main reason why the head gaskets go on the 2.4's is they are not shipped with any coolant. So as you can imagine, whoever picks them up from the port, boots the hell out of them to get them back & they only have water in them :thumbdown:

Then you come along, buy one, take it home & hey presto heads goosed :icon_eek:

Pajeros aren't bad, weak manual gearboxes though.

:icon_eek: if you look after a surf it will give you a trouble free life just like anything else toyota,its the same engine has the lj70 landcruiser 2,5 you dont hear of any problems with them do you!we have had ours a while now,25 mpg,will start in anyweather and cruisers moterway with ease bulls!im selling it to get works van?passenger side needs two same coulred doors or spraying,and a few slight repairs nothing major,its auto like all surfs :thumbs: hres a couple of pictures of mine

post-14199-1203080401_thumb.jpg

post-14199-1203080517_thumb.jpg

Edited by moter poacher
i asked on the nz monteria forum ages ago and they said the 2.4d gave head probs but the 3.0d was fine,they also told me that celica engines are fitted to the petrol trucks for more power :icon_eek:

i also got told 3,0 litres were better than 2,5 on juice :icon_eek: lucky of hear will vouch that they are pretty thirsty :icon_eek:

I always fancied a Surf /4 Runner and nearly got one but i'm glad i didn't 'cos of the back door / window set up.

Stupid idea if you ask me, in fact it's pants and if they did a normal swinging door i reckon they would have seen off Landrover in every department.

I always fancied a Surf /4 Runner and nearly got one but i'm glad i didn't 'cos of the back door / window set up.

Stupid idea if you ask me, in fact it's pants and if they did a normal swinging door i reckon they would have seen off Landrover in every department.

what??? back door window etc is the best bit ventalation for the dogs , plus a tail gat to sit on and sort dogs out on

what??? back door window etc is the best bit ventalation for the dogs , plus a tail gat to sit on and sort dogs out on

Good, i'm glad you like it, me, i don't.

Twating about with electric windows to open a door...................never heard of anything so daft in all my born natural. :blink: