gun licence

hi lads i might as well get straight to the point i would love to get a gun licence but i was in trouble many years ago its 15 yrs ago i got caught up wit the wrong crew and 3 of us robbed a house wit a gun i got charged wit armed robberyand got 3yrs in prison im now 36yrs old and never been in trouble since this was a once off thing and i know i was totally wrong but am i entitled to get a gun licence now or will that always effect me(ireland)

It wasn't my family, so i really couldn't give a feck if you get a licence or not, but just something to think about.

Sure everyone deserves a chance, but it was armed robbery for crying out loud, not shoplifting.

Wonder how the people that had the gun shoved up their nose 15yrs ago would feel about you owning a gun???? :hmm:

In fact how would most members on here feel if it was their Mother/Daughter/Brother/Dad/Son etc that was looking at the dangerous end of a gun. :no:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i see what u are saying, but im also saying if youve done your time then fair enough, if i wanted to go and hurt someone with a gun im not going to apply for an FAC and register it then go do somot stupid, ud just go get a 9mm for a couple of hundred no trace no problem, im not condoning that sort behaviour im just saying hes done his time and he wants to go down the legal route now

im sorry but does this go for pedofiles and rapists. as useally it one law for one person another law for another you want to make your mind up

he was charged with armed robbery, nobody got hurt and nobody died, he just f****d up, the scum you mentioned are f**k ups and dont deserve to live nevermind hold a fac

would you feel the same if it was your house and family him and his mates done i dont think so. if someone can do it once theyll do it again weather 10 years or 50 years have past armed robbie and afamily in their own home is as low as it get. you dont think the kids will remeber theat just like a girl that has been raped. how are people meant to feel safe when theres no place to feel safe.

Limerick 999 say's:

"i was in trouble many years ago its 15 yrs ago i got caught up wit the wrong crew and 3 of us robbed a house wit a gun i got charged wit armed robberyand got 3yrs in prison "

I can't believe anyone would consider applying for any kind of shotgun/firearms certificate under these circumstances, and seriousley thinks anyone would take the responsibility of personally giving the go-ahead for a grant such as this?? Three men armed with a gun go into a house to commit a robbery!! Normally I would be the first to jump to anyones defence for a second chance, and have often done so!! in relation to firearms appeals and applications but some things are so wrong and indefensible "in my opinion" and this incident is one of them, What if this robbery went tragically wrong and somone was seriously injured or worst killed?? would there be any doubt to what our responce would be to the question " can I have a gun certificate"?

I'm quite sure limerick999 has turned is life round and I sincerely wish him all the best but!! the public has to be seen to be protected, ! would be surprised if any firearms authority would sanction a grant under the circumstance either in Ireland or the UK. If Limerck thinks he has a chance then go for it, but don't hold your breath

Tom

Edited by Foxgun Tom
im sorry but does this go for pedofiles and rapists. as useally it one law for one person another law for another you want to make your mind up

he was charged with armed robbery, nobody got hurt and nobody died, he just f****d up, the scum you mentioned are f**k ups and dont deserve to live nevermind hold a fac

would you feel the same if it was your house and family him and his mates done i dont think so. if someone can do it once theyll do it again weather 10 years or 50 years have past armed robbie and afamily in their own home is as low as it get. you dont think the kids will remeber theat just like a girl that has been raped. how are people meant to feel safe when theres no place to feel safe.

first of all i never said there was kids in the house it was u who said that so after all ur not mr perfect any way who do u think u are to judge anyone

Rookie Hunter

Group: Members

Member No.: 12696

i suppose u never made a mistake at the way ur talking u think ur mr perfect who do u think u are to judge anyone u s.umbag

well that was the pm i got????? ime the scumbag i nearley pissed my pants. :rofl: ..i didnt rob someone with a gun :no:

Pedofiles should be given to us for TARGET PRACTICE!

Imagine after 10 years a Pedofile wanted a job in a Nursery School and said he turned over a new leaf.

F&*KIN BULLSHIT.

If you get a FAC then Osama Bin Laden should get a British or Irish Passport!!

I think your a dam cheeky B******D!

Knifebar

:gunsmilie::gunsmilie:

Imagine after 10 years a Pedofile wanted a job in a Nursery School and said he turned over a new leaf.

F&*KIN BULLSHIT.

Knifebar

less of the name calling now kid u understand

Limerick, without wanting to cause offence you asked people's opinions and thats what they gave.

You were upfront and honest about your past, fair play but with things like firearms I think there is a very thin line. Yes, you made a mistake, yes you took the punishment and served your time but some people don't agree that you should have a firearm certificate.

The best thing to do, if you really want one is apply and leave it to the discretion of whoever deals with them.

Limerick, without wanting to cause offence you asked people's opinions and thats what they gave.

You were upfront and honest about your past, fair play but with things like firearms I think there is a very thin line. Yes, you made a mistake, yes you took the punishment and served your time but some people don't agree that you should have a firearm certificate.

The best thing to do, if you really want one is apply and leave it to the discretion of whoever deals with them.

thank you at least u gave ur opinion with-out insulting me that i dont mind

I would be very surprised if you were refused, considering the fact that a guy I know who was caught with power that could make a very loud bang if connected to a detonator got one, believe me I know guys who have done armed robberies and have fire arms certs, the law in the UK regarding guns is different that Ireland, we have a more lenient law regarding fire arms over here.

Best of luck, hope you get it.

F&*KIN BULLSHIT.

Knifebar

less of the name calling now kid u understand

WHY WHAT YOU GOING TO DO PULL AGUN ON HIM IN HIS OWN HOME

The best best thing for Limerick999 to do is ask the person who got the gun stuck in their face!

And yes I still think your a cheeky B. for asking for a gun. I don't retract, you asked for peoples opinion.

If I were a Police Officer/Garda, I would under no circumstances give you a FAC, well maybe a water pistol under supervision.

Your PM and attitude reflects you still have a violent tendancy (yes I do feel trreatened by you direct PM) and therfore may lead to further violence with a firearm. I hope you never get a FAC.

Knifebar