Nightforce NXS

I currently have an MTC Viper which is very good optically but has dust on the reticle and is being returned.

I was about to get another one, but Deker mentioned when out shooting last night the possibility of getting a Nightforce NXS in the states when I'm out there later in the year. We had hoped £500 might be achievable but it's £750.

Does anyone have one of these things? Shall I send back my MTC, and then get a Nightforce? Heck of a difference in price, (£260 vs £800) but with a Nightforce I think the scope will last forever, as from what I've heard they don't get any better. But is that right?

MR LOGIC.

look on CABELAS web site USA.they stock nightforce for the money the states is hard to beat if you can bring one back with you do it.only problem can be is if you get stopped at customs on the way back into the uk you may have to stump up the vat on the scope.other problem can be if something goes wrong with it [which it wont ]you may have to ship it back to the states.

i have 2 nf scopes at this moment and wouldnt part with them for all the tea in china.

you may find one over here second hand for £800-900 search tinternet for one second hand there worth there money unless you damage one they hold there price.

good luck anyway. :hmm:

Nightforce are excellent, i have two nxs,s , but schmidt and bender are better optically.

Buying in the states is all very well, but any warranty is a return to states job, as the uk importer has all the uk scope serial numbers. If you bring it back in your luggage, dont bring the box, paperwork etc, otherwise you will pay vat, tax etc.

If customs suspect any thing dodgy, they will confiscate it. this happened to someone i know, he lost £700 quids worth at the airport.A friend looked into buying one in the us, and shipping it back, when he done with all the vat etc, he reckoned he would save £100. The states in now an absolute minefield for getting stuff from, and i personally would not risk that sort of money. I would go the s/h route here.

The allowance for imported goods is £28. You would have to prove it was a purchase for personal use, and that it was "not new" in that it was boxed etc.The rules change almost daily, regarding the USA.

I currently have an MTC Viper which is very good optically but has dust on the reticle and is being returned.

I was about to get another one, but Deker mentioned when out shooting last night the possibility of getting a Nightforce NXS in the states when I'm out there later in the year. We had hoped £500 might be achievable but it's £750.

Does anyone have one of these things? Shall I send back my MTC, and then get a Nightforce? Heck of a difference in price, (£260 vs £800) but with a Nightforce I think the scope will last forever, as from what I've heard they don't get any better. But is that right?

Don't even think of buying a NightForce in the USA, very expensive, I go to USA every year and usually buy 'something for the weekend' when there.

Look at 'Bearbasin' on the web, the best deals are on Leupold as they are manufactured in USA. Also I looked at the Nikkon Monarch Gold 2,5>10x56 this was a very nice 30mm tube scope, in the end I settled for a Leupold VX3 4.5>14x50

Varmint Ret. I also have a an LPS 3,5>14x50 and a VX3 6.,5>20x50 these are superb top quality glass, NightForce are very good, but if you shop in the US Leupold is the one, By the way check out the leupold website for Scope Mounts, provided you shoot 'brand name' rifles i.e. Browning/Ruger/Remington/Winchester etc etc they have a matrix for the matching mounts with part numbers, all US gun shops can supply this stuff at good prices, and they are 'Right'.

Guest JohnGalway

If you do go for a Nightforce, where ever you choose to buy it, I'd reccomend the 5.5-22x56 model. Previous to this scope I owned a 3.5-15x50 they both had the NP-R2 reticle, supposedly, but the 3.5 reticle in the scope I owned had more markings and was significantly fainter (making hunting in general, and lamping in particular a tough task as it was extremely easy to loose the reticle following the target) than the reticle on my 5.5-22 or on Conors 5.5-22 model. It's just something that in my opinion you should be watching out for, no point in anyone else repeating my expensive mistake(S) :icon_redface:

Other than that the Nightforce I have now will hopefully see me out :clapper: (and I'm only all of 29!)