lamping a good coursing dog

lots of pepl say donot lamp a good day dog what do you do is it ok to lamp a good day dog?
i think the reason most people dont lamp a good day dog is for injury reasons ....plus if your courseing twice a week ..that is enough for the dog .....if you want it fresh ..... :thumbs:

are you talking about lamping rabbits or hares.

if it hares your talking about, they run different on the lamp and the dog stricks at any optunity rather than waiting.

this may mess up its style.

if its rabbits then i don't see why not.

this is just my veiw i may be wrong!!!

some people dont lamp daytime dogs incase it stops them going over fences or through cover/hedges while coursing after the quarry
all pups should be fetched on daytime imho.....wether its going to be a lamp dog or not .....learn them to jump deal with hedges ...ect ect ......then on the lamp ....they soon learn how far to go on the lamp .....i like a dog to jump at night aswell ....if mine couldnt or wouldnt jump at night i would have lost alot of game .....dont get me wrong ive had a few injuries with jumping barbed wire at night ....and gates ect ect ..but that comes with the terrorty iam affraid ...... :thumbs: just my opinion ....everybody fetchers there dog on how they like ... :D

i will fetch this pup on now ..like i fetch any lurcher on ....and i just got him for the hares really ...but i will bring him on daytime once hes catching daytime and is learning his trade i will do some lamping with him... once hes jumping going through hedges ..ect ect .....but once the season is in full swing i will strickly do day time with him ...unless i think he needs a few nights on the lamp ...lamping can sharpen a dog up with turning striking sprinting ...ect ect ......but like i say once in full swing daytime only ....thats why i need one off each :D ......day time dog ....night time dog ....its to much for a dog doing both week in week out .....ive had to lay off the lamping quite a bit this season due to having only one dog to run .....i would off liked to do a lot more with him ......but if iam lamping through the week and then coursing he dosnt run as good on the old long ears ...with a bit off luck i will have a bit off both next year .... :D:D

how is your pup bread and are you looking for same type of dog for the lamp?
the pups bred 3/4 saluki 1/4 grey ......ive got my lamp dog he a bizta but i do a bit of allsorts with him day and night .. :D .....any breed will lamp ..some better than others .....its just your personall prefrance ........and depends on the game your after ..........but most dogs that do well on the long ears need a good amount off saluki in there mix if your running big land .....

what i ask for in a daytime dog is miles from a nite time dog ive had some that do both , but not lots ,ive got some tha t can run in both, but after two or three seasons of hard nites lamping rabbits hare roe etc they soon no whats on offer ,one of the young dogs ive got ive had her out on day time and nite shees desperate so not a problem but some dogs ive lamped a lot of big qaurry look at a hare two hundred yards away and say [bANNED TEXT] having a laugh, unless jeed up but take the same dog out on a nite for big beasties they run harder and well , a nite time dog i dont realy want it to do the grand national even tho some of mines have , killing game two feilds away which is fine but can be a bugger , if i was seruios into daylight i would only lamp occaisonaly not all the time all the best

i only keep coursing dogs, but i require them to lamp aswell. mine are run on lamp once a week aswell as on he fens, its never bothered there style ..i run my dogs any game aswell, mainly rabbits and hares but if a fox or deer pop up , its course on....i havnt the room or time to keep a dog for each,coursing and lamping, they have to do both :victory: