Practice net number 2

So had another go at making gate net number 2 with some diffrent twine this time. Still not as good as I want it to be but practice makes perfect and good to get some practice nets nicked up befor buying more expensive better quality twine, end goal is to make couple gate nets for hares and couple for rabbits out of the 0.75 braided nylon but as I'm going have to dye it as it comes white and a lot of work will be going jn to them I want make sure I'm 100% happy with the quality of my nitting 20240505_092428.jpg.11f577036c3ec8397bcc29f388288521.jpg

• Like 6

Just waiting get the end pins welded up and then going cut me self some lengths Hazle get ready for winter and hopefully put acouple in the pot 

• Like 3

Going spend this summer setting the nets infront of the spaniel and walking the fields try get her respecting the nets ect ( obviously in fields where I no there isn't anything ) 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

Going spend this summer setting the nets infront of the spaniel and walking the fields try get her respecting the nets ect ( obviously in fields where I no there isn't anything ) 

it's great to see someone still having a go, I think your hardest job is finding stuff to actually hunt these days, I have come across little pockets of rabbits and thought about dropping a net, but I love getting a run with the young whippet, you can only catch them once so it's a balancing act👍

I know what you mean , I have a few farms with health population of hares on that I used to fly with my hawks but havnt flown for two seasons so going have a go with the nets try put acouple in the pot , good thing is with nets is can hang them up and leave them season after season and get them out as and when 

• Like 1