Ferret Sleeping Quaters

So the Ferret Court arrives in the morning. I have a question though, what should I use for sleeping quarters in the sleeping area? When the court arrives it will just be an open plan area of approx 3ft x 4ft.

I can build to save my life, any suggestions? I am assuming that throwing a load of towels on the ground will not be an option. I will over time fit shelves and run into this section as well, but my main concern is what they require to sleep in

post-5267-1202216306_thumb.jpgpost-5267-1202216345.jpghi mate,

short notice option would be a few cardboard boxes, top's shut with holes in them, filled with sawdust maybe a little hay/straw

wont last too long, but easily replacable

long term option, either get to a pet shop or wood yard that build stuff, and get a PARROT breeding box, or copy some pictures from here and get a wood yard to put them together for ya, very simple design, if your gonna have 3 ferts a double sleeper is good idea, more than likely they will all sleep together, but they have the option of an extra box if they want

post-5267-1202216306_thumb.jpgpost-5267-1202216345.jpghi mate,

short notice option would be a few cardboard boxes, top's shut with holes in them, filled with sawdust maybe a little hay/straw

wont last too long, but easily replacable

long term option, either get to a pet shop or wood yard that build stuff, and get a PARROT breeding box, or copy some pictures from here and get a wood yard to put them together for ya, very simple design, if your gonna have 3 ferts a double sleeper is good idea, more than likely they will all sleep together, but they have the option of an extra box if they want

Perfect, thanks Stubby. How are them kits coming on? Any breeding activity yet?

well, the hobs are all walking around with permanate stiffys, but the jills aint having none of it yet :clapper:

fingers crossed its another month or so before they come into season, have a new shed coming next weekend, and lots need doing at "my end of garden" so could do with a breather before sorting the breeding cages out

they tend to like a seperate nesting box to curl up in really :thumbs:

cough; hollocks

Ive yet to see one of mine sleeping singularly, more times than not, all 9 in one box, leaving 2 empty

no i mean a seperate box from the main area , not 1 each :laugh: i do know exactly what you mean though, half dozon all piled in one tiny box :laugh:

Has anyone used shredded paper for bedding, not sure if its a good idea or not, any advice ?

I have used it with problems for years :thumbs:

WITH problems Kay? :clapper:

opps forgot the NO :laugh: well spotted :laugh:

Hehe... I can se that my ferrets are pampered. They have an outdoor cage in 3 levels, sand in the botton, and carpets on the other 2 levels. On top shelf they have a box to nest in, besides the 2 hammocks and 4-5 fleece blanckets, scattered arond the cage.

I knew one who used hay, but he couldn't get rid of the flees. I have never had any flees on my ferrets.