Out again today

Went ferreting again today with the 2 stephs and mick, mick tried his ferrets he just got from tommo on here and they worked sound, nice and tame aswell, so between his and mine we ended up with 20 rabbits, his pup had a few good runs and caught a couple aswell, doing really well now, marked a few holes and works great now. 

IMG-20240210-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20240210-WA0003.jpg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, big napper said:

Theres plenty rabbits in the area which is quite a big area, plenty places we arnt allowed on which is heaving with rabbits so soon move onto the land we got

That’s the ideal, frustrating having rabbits you can’t get at but if there’s plenty in the area means you can not feel to bad at taking a decent bag. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

To be expected at this time of year unfortunately. I had 8 on Tuesday and all the does where carrying, one was probably only a few days from dropping. 

Is there plenty around your way

50 minutes ago, big napper said:

Is there plenty around your way

Not really tbh, it’s pockets of rabbits if you know where to look. It used to be unbelievable 10 years ago just pick a field really and you could bag up but not anymore. There’s enough around that I hope they will pick up but a long way from the glory days of catching 50+ without trying that hard. I normally get between 4-8 now just bolting to the dog as if you hit them hard and net them they seem to just disappear from that spot. What about you? 20 is a bloody good day these days. 

Most places iv got permission on have plenty, some of it is awkward to ferret but most isnt bad at all, small patches of wooded areas and big bramble patches, plenty of open land with good hedge rows between fields,  weve not been out much this season, 4 times i think, another once or twice ferreting then thats it till next year.