Orange Whisky?

Guest little_lloyd

Guest little_lloyd

Was out beating last wednesday and had a few sips of a fellow beaters hipflask 'whisky in orange' and it was buzzing,, my kind of hipflask filler :yes:

Forgot to ask the bugger how he made it to perfection tho :doh: But that where you lot could come in :D

Since i aquirried a small cheap bottle of whisky to make my own for summer mink hunting and when out mooching with the dogs or guns. Just wondering how much orange and sugar people add?

I made a small glass the other night of it with a splash left in the bottle and it smelt a ciderish smell and the orange is a little too much i thought,, i like the whisky with just a hint on orange.

Anyone drink the stuff,, or have you not lived lol

Guest little_lloyd
What sort of orange did you use little lloyd? Was it out of a carton or squeezed freshly from a real orange? I'm starting to get visions of it now....perhaps gently warmed with a clove..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Real oranges..,, Of course!! Alough im told my gran used to drink it with carton orange :icon_eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest little_lloyd

Seen the bloke to let me have a sip of his. The other day while vermin shooting,, Told me exaxtly what to do so ive made a bottle,, Had a hipflask full of it yesterday and not a sip left today,, Fecking best :yes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
if you cant take your Whiskey raw then leave it. It's not an alchopop. Whiskey is meant to be takin in small doses. It's the Water Of Life.

Aw now, have ye not tried it with ginger ale? Jameson's or Bush with ginger...........go on...........give it a go! Oh no, glass empty - must go and pour another!

Guest JohnGalway

Booze and guns............................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

;)

Booze and guns............................................................................

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

He only said he was beating, never mentioned about shooting. ;) oops, did in his second post, but i guess he had a sip AFTER he finished shooting. :D

Edited by Halfinch
if you cant take your Whiskey raw then leave it. It's not an alchopop. Whiskey is meant to be takin in small doses. It's the Water Of Life.

got to admit i dont like wiskey, but when ever out on hunts i think it should be left and only to be drank as it is.

Take a bottle of any whiskey

Pour 500ml of freshly squeezed orange juice into a glass

Take the whiskey to the sink and carefully remove the top

Take the orange jucie in the other hand and start to drink

Whilst tipping the other shite down the plug hole............

Its home made sloes gin for me every time :signthankspin:

Cheers bob