Gos

Abullx

On 28/01/2024 at 21:22, Abullx said:

Yh I know it’s hard without seeing the bird in person, and will do mate I appreciate the help 

Where about are you from ? Can't see it on my phone ,maybe someone local to you can have a quick look at her for you 

3 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Where about are you from ? Can't see it on my phone ,maybe someone local to you can have a quick look at her for you 

I speak to the person I brought her from so I’ll give him a text as he flew her for 4 seasons thanks though 

Edited by Abullx
7 hours ago, david901 said:

Any update on the hawk?

Tbh I haven’t been out much with her I gave her a couple slips on hares 5/6 days ago and she pulled away, bloke said try feed her washed chicks so no blood she’s never taken hare before

16 hours ago, Abullx said:

Tbh I haven’t been out much with her I gave her a couple slips on hares 5/6 days ago and she pulled away, bloke said try feed her washed chicks so no blood she’s never taken hare before

If she's never taken hare before, this time of year is totally the wrong time to get her entered. Hares are big creatures and they can seriously hurt/kill your hawk.

You'd be better off putting her down for the moult and if you want to try for hares, get her on them at the start of the season and try for young inexperienced quarry. Get a dead hare or large hare lure and let her "catch" it several times. Each time she catches it, let her have her full ration. 

Personally, I would never feed washed DOCs. Especially if you've already reduced her weight, then your hawk could go low. 

Again mate, I don't want to labour the point, but it would maybe benefit you and your hawk to have someone experienced that could help you with the gos.

Just my two pence worth.

Good luck with her.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, david901 said:

If she's never taken hare before, this time of year is totally the wrong time to get her entered. Hares are big creatures and they can seriously hurt/kill your hawk.

You'd be better off putting her down for the moult and if you want to try for hares, get her on them at the start of the season and try for young inexperienced quarry. Get a dead hare or large hare lure and let her "catch" it several times. Each time she catches it, let her have her full ration. 

Personally, I would never feed washed DOCs. Especially if you've already reduced her weight, then your hawk could go low. 

Again mate, I don't want to labour the point, but it would maybe benefit you and your hawk to have someone experienced that could help you with the gos.

Just my two pence worth.

Good luck with her.

Ok thanks I was thinking of putting her into moult and try again next season when I’ll get a bullx machine and hopefully I’ll have dog for her. 

I know 2 people with a gos one being the person I brought her off I’ll try get out with them more