Hi, managed to get my FAC recently, bought a CZ Varmint 17hmr and run a few patches through after each shoot.

I’ve put 300 rounds through and now thinking a full clean with brass bristle brush would be a good idea.

Two questions: (a) I’ve heard people say only clean when accuracy drops and (b) if you carry out a full clean do you run the brass brush up and down through the barrel continuously or do you have to take it off the rod each time you push it through?

FYI I bought a bore guide (which haven’t used yet).

Any advice appreciated thanks!

I’ve got a .17 Varmint barrel 452 I’ve owned it for a very long while from brand new, about once a season I clean the barrel with a bore snake and immerse in a good gun cleaner, where you will find an abundance of soot and crap is in the silencer if you use one, you will find after cleaning zero will be all over the place it takes about 10 rounds to settle down to where it was I also only use Remington people say it makes no difference on personal experience I disagree, clean and lubricate the bolt and trigger regular and it shouldn’t give you any bother they don’t need a lot of cleaning I definitely wouldn’t do it after every outing.