I sold some canaries to a chap from derby who bred gouldians all colours. Wanted the timbrados for feeders. Was telling me at first when he got into them he found it hard to breed them do to the temperature they need.  Need wintering with heat. Said the birds are no good with british winter weather. Asked me if i ever wanted any that i could hace a few pairs.  That weather thing put me off though. A will see if I've still got his number saved. If I've got it a will message him for you. If he says yes a will forward you his number. He's got some beautiful birds. 

Much appreciated mate, I just had a pair in my mixed flight as my Kids love to see them and their colours, spar got hold of the hen so the cock needs a mate.

not that worried about them breeding etc just a shame to have a cock without a hen

let me know what your man comes back with 

thanks again 

On 29/12/2023 at 18:14, Bangersanmash said:

I sold some canaries to a chap from derby who bred gouldians all colours. Wanted the timbrados for feeders. Was telling me at first when he got into them he found it hard to breed them do to the temperature they need.  Need wintering with heat. Said the birds are no good with british winter weather. Asked me if i ever wanted any that i could hace a few pairs.  That weather thing put me off though. A will see if I've still got his number saved. If I've got it a will message him for you. If he says yes a will forward you his number. He's got some beautiful birds. 

Gouldians do not have down feathers as they come from northern Australia where its hot. Here in the sourhern states of australia we have managered to acclimatise them but housing where there are no draughts is important.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Gouldians do not have down feathers as they come from northern Australia where its hot. Here in the sourhern states of australia we have managered to acclimatise them but housing where there are no draughts is important.

Yeah chap who I know said they need heating over here in Britain through the winter months. 

• Like 2