any ideas gratefully accepted !

hi all , i was hoping to pick someones brains . i don't yet have an air rifle and i've been debating which one to buy . i like the independence of a springer but i also like the multi shot recoiless benefits of a pcp . i was looking through some of my back issues of airgun magazines when i spotted an ad for the theoben slr98 which is an underlever rifle with a 7 round mag . it seems to be the best of both worlds . my problem is , it's a bit out of my price range and i could get a decent pcp for less . to get to the point , i was wondering if anyone knows of any other similar rifles ? thanks for taking the time to read this and please accept my gratitude for any advice you can offer .

Mate I have been looking at the single shot BSA Hornet, no experience with it, but the name BSA says enough for me. It is a good price to boot for a pre-charged job.

Times are (have) changed at BSA!

BSA have historically made some good reliable workhorse guns but what does Gamo say to you?

go for pcp rifle .. low noise if any .no recoil. spring rifles ok but too loud i my self am just getting back into shooting after years off

and from my past hunting trips i remember hiding along a hedge waiting there i noded of when i opened my eyes there was 14 rabbits i fired got 1 every rabbit all of them for 200yrds legged it ... my mate he got a pcp took him to same place he got 3 or 4 .

i went with him many times and in the end he fired then i went second .. he finally got his own shoots and baged 6 or 7 most days + tree rats ,crows ect

me i got 1 to 3 rabbits ....so now ive talked the wife into letting me get a new gun it will be air arms s410 or the tdr

ive only had springers edgar bros mod 60 .22 and webley xocet xs.22 until now ive turned pcp with an aa s400 and i aint looking back! the webley was a good rifle though i thought :thumbs:

When i started shooting i first joined a club then bought myself a springer (theoban sirocco) lovely rifle, but i found it a real pain cocking after every shot, so i bought a Gunpower Stealth , the trouble is when you first start you dont know what you will end up doing, i turned to the love of hunting, i also found that just cocking the bolt and sliding a pellet in at the club i stayed more focused on the target, cocking a springer allways broke that concentration for me........

you could look for a second hand BSA goldstar,RWS 300R or even a gamo shadowmatic which are all multi shot spring guns that can be picked up for under £200 second hand.
sincerest thanks for the advice mate . to be honest , i think you were the only one who really understood what i was asking for , although i'm grateful to all who offered advice and the benefit of their experience . all i need to do now is find somewhere that deals with second hand guns on-line . with the ( useless , badly thought out and almost funny if it wasn't so depressing ) v.c.r. act , i'm hoping to find one run by private individuals as opposed to a shop . thanks once again .