It's just plain wrong!

Me and a couple of mates spent this evening fishing off of "fly cellars" in Newquay. To add a bit of variety I took a couple of collapsable crab pots to throw in. All I had to show for 4 hrs of cold, windy dilligence was 1 crab caught on the line, even hooked in the mouth! When I pulled in my pots I had 5 rockling. Whats that all about?

My mate caught a 1lb 6oz rockling tho' and is sure he's beaten the club record.

Roll on summer!

i went out last february just to catch rockling, sad aint it :(

but your better off fishing for whats there,then fishing for what you'd like to be there :)

a slow time of the year now,be happy with what you catch

What tides was you fishing and what bait was you using Elmerfudd...

Low tide was 6.55. Got there at 7pm fishing the rising tide. Used sandeel, mackarel and rag on there own and in various combos. Unusual to catch nowt as had up to 30+ per session at same mark before!

Nick

Me and a couple of mates spent this evening fishing off of "fly cellars" in Newquay. To add a bit of variety I took a couple of collapsable crab pots to throw in. All I had to show for 4 hrs of cold, windy dilligence was 1 crab caught on the line, even hooked in the mouth! When I pulled in my pots I had 5 rockling. Whats that all about?

My mate caught a 1lb 6oz rockling tho' and is sure he's beaten the club record.

Roll on summer!

Blimey, havent fished Fly cellars for years, 7 to be exact. Some reasonable fishing to be had up at mother ivy,s at this time of year, but you got to fight your way through the doggies.

Regards MT.