I picked one up last week and so far its asolutly pointless. Now I now its bottom of the range etc with 6mm lense. But it can't see a pheasant day time 25 yards, Duck 10 yards and tonight it couldnt see any of the rabbits sat 30 yards away. In fact the only thing it does see is my bloody dog 
Now I didn't expect to ID much in the dark but I was hoping it could just tell me there was some thing there. In this video the guy can see a heat source on rabbits over 200 yards. I would be happy at a 100 . Wonder if there is some magical setting or maybe I should take the lense cap off. I know its only 350 quid but thats a lot of money and at the moment I may as well stuffed it down the drain. Any one know of any tweaks to optimise it or some thing ?

1 hour ago, smithie said:

Your lucky.. I paid 480 for mine and its just as crap ?

Had to save again and buy an xm30s.. they are world's apart

Yea got few tips off air gun group one guy can see rabbits at eighty yards and showed me a rat at 30 which looked fine. Apparently brightness and contrast are the key. But in hind site should not bothered lol. All ways same buy cheap buy twice I should learnt by now 

Edited by terryd
  • 4 months later...

Like all Thermal the more you pay the better image quality you get IMO, I'm running thermal scope and thermal spotter both cost me a fortune but there worth it, and yes you don't have go thermal to get the job done, I also run a Pard 007 which I use for foxing it does the job.