Rabbit nests robbed

Hi everyone 

on my walk round last night I found two rabbit nests robbed. Looked like it had been marked then dug down straight into the nests and the kits took. Like the hole had been bored out very neat is that badgers ?

• Like 2

The increase in badger numbers has a hugely negative impact on rabbit numbers. I have a very good permission (well used to be a very good permission) ruined by badgers. They dig out the nests takeover the warrens and cause a lot of damage to the population. 

• Like 2
On 09/03/2023 at 21:10, Bobtheferret said:

The increase in badger numbers has a hugely negative impact on rabbit numbers. I have a very good permission (well used to be a very good permission) ruined by badgers. They dig out the nests takeover the warrens and cause a lot of damage to the population. 

Big decrease in "badger numbers" over large areas of England now, i would have thought ?

• Like 1

They have thinned them out down here and a good thing to. For too long the Badger has been over protected they f****d the rabbits up took over burrows slaughtered Leverets and Hedgehogs. 

Still see the evidence of them digging out nests.

IMG_8539.jpeg.e2795ef03a47a35698a5c7a5c840a5e2.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 4
22 hours ago, earth-thrower said:

Big decrease in "badger numbers" over large areas of England now, i would have thought ?

Not round my way, deer and badgers are taking over the countryside. Wish someone would cull them both back to manageable levels. Haven’t had any badger culls in my area and the deer are shot but not even remotely in high enough numbers as no one wants them