Ratting trip

I have fairly recently posted a few pics of my 3 jrs and ased if there was anyone who would be wiling to let me tag along with them on a ratting trip. With no replies i can only assume that no one on this site goes ratting and all the photos have been pinched off the internet. I thought this site would have been different to another one that i am a memeber off. Surely the whole point of a site like this is for people to talk and encorage new people into our sport. I am not new to field sports but have never worked my own dogs i have been digging when i was younger and a little bit of ratting. I am by no meens an anti befor you all start with that one and i have pics of foxes i have shot with a 12 bore and plenty of other game caught with my harris hawk.

What i am asking is there anyone on here who is willing to give somone the benifit of the doubt and let me join them on a days ratting i dont mind traveling. Please reply

there is a few who go ratting it is worth your time but people arnt going too accept you if you say you wouldent mind tagging along most people wouldent mind they would love too ask if you can not that you will :lol:

I sort of get what you meen.

In which case is there anyone out ther who goes ratting that i can tag along with. I am a ground worker so if digging them instead of smoking is your thing then i will happily do the digging.

Is that what you meant

If i still had regular ratting, you would have been more than welcome to come up here, unfortunately the farm we use has dried up, very few about now.

I also have to rely upon invites out now, but being so far north there are very few near enough to go to, so i know how frustrating it is.

Good luck.

Moll.

I have fairly recently posted a few pics of my 3 jrs and ased if there was anyone who would be wiling to let me tag along with them on a ratting trip. With no replies i can only assume that no one on this site goes ratting and all the photos have been pinched off the internet. I thought this site would have been different to another one that i am a memeber off. Surely the whole point of a site like this is for people to talk and encorage new people into our sport. I am not new to field sports but have never worked my own dogs i have been digging when i was younger and a little bit of ratting. I am by no meens an anti befor you all start with that one and i have pics of foxes i have shot with a 12 bore and plenty of other game caught with my harris hawk.

What i am asking is there anyone on here who is willing to give somone the benifit of the doubt and let me join them on a days ratting i dont mind traveling. Please reply

Hi there i have also been looking for places to go ratting and with someone who has a bit of experience doing it i have a 4yr old patterdale and i havnt had much look in finding anywere or anyone as yet id love to come along if you find anywere. Ive been wanting to do it for a while but ive struggled to find anybody to go with

Hi there i have also been looking for places to go ratting and with someone who has a bit of experience doing it i have a 4yr old patterdale and i havnt had much look in finding anywere or anyone as yet id love to come along if you find anywere. Ive been wanting to do it for a while but ive struggled to find anybody to go with

Hi mate where abouts are you from? I have a farm near me that i have to go and see, if i get it then i will let you know, you would be more than welcome.

Hi mate where abouts are you from? I have a farm near me that i have to go and see, if i get it then i will let you know, you would be more than welcome.

Cheers mate im from oldham its about an hour and half away just let us know if you get it and il try and get across

Just a boost to see if there is anyone else out there willing to let me come ratting.

I have had a couple of pm's one of which is an invite when he gets it sorted, which i am very greatful of.

What is it that peple are afraid of which makes them not invite new people to the sport. I know you have anties to worry about but i can garantee i am not one and have photos to prove if people wish to see the before inviting me.

getting permission is hard enough and easy to lose so not everyone will take the chance,in the past there will of been more than a few people who have had permission poached i do a lot of ratting but basically i keep it to a tight group who you know no offence is meant by it buts that is the way its going unfurtunately.all the best to you and your dog you never know you may get an invite.

getting permission is hard enough and easy to lose so not everyone will take the chance,in the past there will of been more than a few people who have had permission poached i do a lot of ratting but basically i keep it to a tight group who you know no offence is meant by it buts that is the way its going unfurtunately.all the best to you and your dog you never know you may get an invite.

I understand where your coming from but if everone was like this then eventually our sport would be no more because no new comers would be welcome.

I have been asked on numerous occasions to take people on my land with the birds (i fly a harris hawk). I will give anyone a chance, but i suppose thats just me, il do what it takes to keep the sports i love going.

Thanks for your reply and good luck with your future ratting trips.

I understand where your coming from but if everone was like this then eventually our sport would be no more because no new comers would be welcome.

I have been asked on numerous occasions to take people on my land with the birds (i fly a harris hawk). I will give anyone a chance, but i suppose thats just me, il do what it takes to keep the sports i love going.

You have had some invitations to ratting trips according to your posts so get out there mate! if not come and join the clan in Dinnington that has no permission and just goes anywhere! . I,ve asked a million times on this site for ratting trips and still no answer yet people are still calling me a poaching b*****d in the chat room for giving my dogs sport around game crops where i am unwelcome. as well as we say f**k the ban i also say f**k the gamekeepers because i have no permission. :)

Just a boost to see if there is anyone else out there willing to let me come ratting.

I have had a couple of pm's one of which is an invite when he gets it sorted, which i am very greatful of.

What is it that peple are afraid of which makes them not invite new people to the sport. I know you have anties to worry about but i can garantee i am not one and have photos to prove if people wish to see the before inviting me.

Im still up for coming ratting like you im new to it and have struggled getting anywhere to go or anyone to go with what is it with us new comers keen as mustard but lacking the knowledge

• 2 weeks later...

You have had some invitations to ratting trips according to your posts so get out there mate! if not come and join the clan in Dinnington that has no permission and just goes anywhere! . I,ve asked a million times on this site for ratting trips and still no answer yet people are still calling me a poaching b*****d in the chat room for giving my dogs sport around game crops where i am unwelcome. as well as we say f**k the ban i also say f**k the gamekeepers because i have no permission. :)

I am still waiting to here from the person who gave me an invite.

So let me get this straight, there are god nos how many ratters on here and other than the lads from sheffield and the invite i have had no one has room for one person with two dogs. WHAT A COMMUNITY.

its an awfull pitty to see this happening im livin in the south of ireland and am always willing to give anyone a chance to come digging foxes and lamping.We all know how hard it is to get started,we have all been there relying on someone else and who knows the favour might be re paid some day :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

I know exactly what you meen mate i also do falconry and i have taken dozens of people out with the birds so they can see what its like. I used to do a bit of fox digging years ago when i was a young lad. I would love to get my own dogs going on fox but thought i woulod start with rats but people obviously arnt that concerned about keeping the sport they apparantly love going for years to come. How are people supposed to keep such sports as foxing and ratting going if no one is willing to pass down there knoledge to others. :hmm: