Original, unused, J Duffus & Sons, mole traps

3 hours ago, Kalibrgun said:

Tells you on the box 1.99 ?

You could be, right ?? ave been told on good authority they where £100 a pop, good few years ago,....but the person who informed me, didn't want to pay £20 for one now, currently?,........its no problem,  they'll be catching moles before long, hopefully ?

• Like 1
Just now, earth-thrower said:

You could be, right ?? ave been told on good authority they where £100 a pop, good few years ago,....but the person who informed me, didn't want to pay £20 for one now, currently?,........its no problem,  they'll be catching moles before long, hopefully ?

I had 7 tins of old webley pellets all full tins sticker was 1.70 a man came and gave 140 for em ? they were scrap to me but he shot the older .22 cal springers that loved em. One man's rubbish and all that if you've not got a lot in em use em. I bought some old gin traps in a bundle off ebay couple year back for in the mandate on the walls. There's one that's tiny just big enough for a mouse. It's caught a few round the chicken feed drums 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Kalibrgun said:

I had 7 tins of old webley pellets all full tins sticker was 1.70 a man came and gave 140 for em ? they were scrap to me but he shot the older .22 cal springers that loved em. One man's rubbish and all that if you've not got a lot in em use em. I bought some old gin traps in a bundle off ebay couple year back for in the mandate on the walls. There's one that's tiny just big enough for a mouse. It's caught a few round the chicken feed drums 

Interesting stuff, mate. ?

The box in itself is a possibly a bit of social history . 

I don't know if Metalrax is still in business but l'm sure G Wilkinson still sells hardware under the the Progress name . The phone number dates it to the early  1990s or before ;l think . The decimal price is another clue to its age.  One price tag  has the name Homemakers on it : l wonder if they are still in business .                                                  And with an original price of £3.99 that wasn't a cheap trap!

You have to wonder what  ,if any , rights there were to the J Duffus name . The patent must've been long expired.

Perhaps Duffus jr was involved with one of the engineering companies under the Metalrax banner. 

Where's  OTC when he needed?