A shadow of its former self

What happened to this site? Just rejoined after many years away. Its died a death, I remember when any post would get hammered in minutes. I appreciate many will have wrapped in but thought the younger generation would have stepped in.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/12/2022 at 01:25, CJP said:

What happened to this site? Just rejoined after many years away. Its died a death, I remember when any post would get hammered in minutes. I appreciate many will have wrapped in but thought the younger generation would have stepped in.  

No, the younger generation haven't stepped in. Look at the numbers of members in fishing associations, wildfowling clubs, etc. All declining. There are one or two areas where there is growing interest, but generally the old traditional sports are declining. Legislation hasn't helped along with other obstacles like cost, housing unsuitable to keep dogs, ferrets, hawks, etc. A lot of people would prefer to go to a club and smash a few clays rather than tramp round a field on their own. Same in fishing. The carp lakes are full and the river banks empty. It is the same here in France. The Chasse or hunting clubs are losing old members and not recruiting anywhere near the same numbers in youngsters. 

Then there are other factors like an abundance of social media to choose from. Facebook and youtube channels for example along with the professionally sponsored blogs. People only have so much time and there are lot more choices. 

It is like WMCs and local pubs. Everything has its day.