My new Parson pup about 15weeks old is forever digging up rocks/stones from the yard and chewing and swallowing them. She is still eating and shitting ok. She has a good diet of meat, chicken some rabbit and good quality kibble as I've fed all my pups. Is there any way of stopping this habit, I've never seen this before, cheers.

51 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

My new Parson pup about 15weeks old is forever digging up rocks/stones from the yard and chewing and swallowing them. She is still eating and shitting ok. She has a good diet of meat, chicken some rabbit and good quality kibble as I've fed all my pups. Is there any way of stopping this habit, I've never seen this before, cheers.

Only thing I can think of is a muzzle for a while mate.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Arry said:

Only thing I can think of is a muzzle for a while mate.

Cheers Arry

Good idea, I've been racking my brain trying to think of something before it kills itself. If I try to get the rock out she holds it in her mouth somehow and then runs off. It's a top little full on terrier apart from this.

• Like 1
On 15/10/2022 at 12:06, Aussie Whip said:

I've been deterring the pup by giving her a beef bone when she starts grubbing for stones, after about four days I haven't seen her with a rock in her mouth so seems to be working. Just thought I'd put this up in case anyone has a pup doing this.

prob  , could have been teething  all a long, might have got most through  now, but the odd one giving her bit prob, maybe that why all biting stones mind you, ive know few people , that there older dogs chew fookin stones etc, we had   nice size staff , big leggy type dog, looked very pit looking, but was staff, he  chew stones, bricks etc , you had to keep a eye on him in the garden , few labs will eat stones as well, mind you the feckers  will eat anything lol. glad the dog took to the bones mate .

• Thanks 1