Few more from this season

9 hours ago, Spanna1234 said:

You’ve done well mate some stunning birds

Cheers pal just bought myself  lutino hen off one of my pals an a flashy pied cock bird plus thrown in a none visual pied hen for £600 thats the none visualat the side of her . I'm only looking to get one or two season out of the hens older birds. He's got young off these hens so next season will be pairing the younger birds an a couple of over year birds.  It's good to have friends there to help you out from time to time ? I'm new to pied birds but been breeding different mutation goldfinches for good few years now. Just on with making a flight up for them boxing the flight in with the upvc cladding an trim. Was going to cover window yesterday but thought Al leave it showing. Because the window comes out an it's meshed on both sides outer an inner. 

20220910_104953.jpg

20220910_152654.jpg

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Spanna1234 said:

Cheers pal considering I only had 2 canary hens and one goldie cock didnt so to bad. I’m after 5 2022 goldie cocks going to try with 6 muling pairs for next season so hopefully breed plenty. Anyone bred Omani true razas on here

If you have a proven muling cock then just move him around through the hens mate saves feeding extra birds and finding out you have more egg eaters you have to split off all the time when they're laying. 

Just bought some frosting for Windows lets 100% natural day light in an keeps nosey b*****ds unwanted eyes lookin in birdroom. lol. Air conditioning an humidifier on in summer stress free about that bird flu hitting my birds. A know it's sad not seeing them in outdoor flights but too risky. Was a little news clip yesterday saying we've lost 67 % of our green finches due to Trichomonosis an chaffies too. Was saying that bullfiches can pick it up. I didn't take much notice of it. But a pal of mine says siberian goldfinches are prone to this disease too so my heads all over the place. I've alot of house sparrows near me they can contact the disease too. So we got the avian bird flu plus this. Was only last week a found two dead swans on canal rspca rang me said they found the Swan a mentioned an 500 yards down there was another dead so got into with defra to come pick them up. 

20220913_095138.jpg

On 14/09/2022 at 09:39, gnipper said:

If you have a proven muling cock then just move him around through the hens mate saves feeding extra birds and finding out you have more egg eaters you have to split off all the time when they're laying. 

He seems a good one mate do you reckon he’ll service 6 canaries 

On 15/09/2022 at 18:53, Spanna1234 said:

If you run him with all 6 hens he'll copulate all 6 hens no bother mate. Just have each side by side him in middle cage with mesh dividers. Once you see him feeding them open one side up let him copulate one hen then once she's sat tight run him through the otherside. Then Same again with other unit of cages. Or just run him in a flight with all 6 hens but makesure you put plenty of pans up so there not fighting. I've had hens that I'm not using lay eggs in same pan and just binned them. 

On 15/09/2022 at 18:53, Spanna1234 said:

If he's in condition and a proven muler I'd say he will mate, if I didn't have several cocks to try this year I'd of just run the one over all my hens.  One of this years cocks bred more marked mules than the others so if he makes it through the winter he'll be getting plenty of action with a fresh team of dimorphics next season.

• Like 1