Hushpower 20b tidy up

Hi! I have a battered pedretti hushpower folding single barrel 20 bore. Great gun but the condition was annoying me so im giving it a tidy up. I took pics before and I'm half way through so I thaught I'd share my mini project with you! Let me know what you think, any tips appriciated......

IMG_3448.JPG

IMG_3451.JPG

• Like 1

I stripped the old varnish off - what a nightmare that was. New paint strippers are no way near as good as the old stuff. I used to put it on and within a minute it all bubbled off. (Its been years since i done a refinnish) This stuff I ended up leaving it wrapped up overnight in a rubble bag and it still diddnt touch it. I ended up having to spend hours scraping it off with a razor blade. After a good sanding I ended up at this stage.....

20220819_055034.jpg

20220819_055039.jpg

• Like 1
Just now, BenBhoy said:

I feel your pain about the strippers ( not them kind Stav!) I had to use elbow grease to get lacquer off my beretta stock. 

20201124_203223.jpg

20201124_203404.jpg

It really was a nightmare! Years ago I refinished a lot of stocks and getting the varnish off was a 10 min job with the stripper. Have they made it weaker?

17 minutes ago, tomburras said:

It really was a nightmare! Years ago I refinished a lot of stocks and getting the varnish off was a 10 min job with the stripper. Have they made it weaker?

Yeah they have, even nitro mors is weaker, something to do with a change in EU environmental law. 

16 minutes ago, tomburras said:

How did your stock look after refinishing BenBhoy? Did you use stain and tru-oil?

I wanted a lighter matt finish. No I used slippery dicks. 

20210302_205803.jpg

20210302_205713.jpg

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, BenBhoy said:

Yeah they have, even nitro mors is weaker, something to do with a change in EU environmental law. 

I wanted a lighter matt finish. No I used slippery dicks. 

20210302_205803.jpg

20210302_205713.jpg

Thanks for the pic - looks really nice!

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...