anyone know any pigeon recepies

can anyone tell me what i could make with pigeon cheers.

You might want to try the shooting times website, its full of recipes and theres bound to be somethin interestin for pigeon, i always put them in with a pheasant this time of year in a coq au vin sort of thing and come out delicious.

or could go really old fashioned and have them roasted with peas pudding.

hope you get some joy.

ss06

if youve got a few cut out the breast-meat leaving the skin on and fry in a pan with only a little, oil skin side down first to brown and crisp it then turn over, they dont take long about 10 minutes max depending how you like em cooked ,,once cooked they taste better than fillet steak, serve with whatever you like ,,, i just usualy do a plate of em and a bit of tommy-k

Edited by yoggerman

pigeon is best casseroled fry some bacon in a pan untill crisp remove bacon put pigeons in pan to brown lift out and put in casserole dish pour away all but one tablespoon of the fat from pan stir in 2 level tablespoons of plain flour cook gently for a few mins till browned blend in 3\4 pint of hot chicken stock and bring the sauce slowly to the boil simmer for a few mins then strain the sauce over the pigeons in the casserole add the bacon pieces 1 level teaspoon of salt some black pepper peel 12 button onions and put them in the dish cover the casserole and place in the centre of oven for 1 hour on 170c this recipe is for 3 pigeon and 1\4lb bacon fry bacon in 1oz of unsalted butter meanwhile finely slice 1\2 lb of button mushrooms put 1\4lb of fresh white breadcrumbs 2oz shredded beef suet 1 rounded tablespoon of chopped parsley and the finely grated rind of half a lemon into a bowl season with salt and pepper beat 2 eggs then add them to the mixture enough so as the mixture is moist but not wet consistency shape mixture into 8 to 12 balls put these together with the mushrooms in the casserole continue cooking for 15 mins happy cooking :thumbs:

Edited by jackthedog