Where's the best place to live?

Ok, i've had enough of england and all the bullsh*t. :wallbash: Where is the best place to live? i've tried Africa and it didn't work out. :icon_redface:

i love the outdoors, hunting etc and my OH is right into horses. We would need to be able to take dogs and either work there or split time between working here and living there. i am a carpenter ans she does office work and horses. Any ideas?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm .... got me thinking now. Was thinking spain or portugal but Canada looks amazing. Anyone know about the entry requirements?

Have a look on their embasy website. Also, I know there is a firm that advertises in Farmers Weekly that helps Brit farmers or those wanting work in agriculture to move out there.......if I can dig out the add I'll forward the details to you.

Hmm .... got me thinking now. Was thinking spain or portugal but Canada looks amazing. Anyone know about the entry requirements?

All you need is a pulse!!!!!!!!! 8)

Hurry up!! The place is starting to fill with the ethnics that you people are fed up with.Although I don't think its as bad here.Still too many to suit me! :)

Look into coming to Alberta or Saskatchewan.not as many people and the hunting is great.

Have a good friend from the U.K he now manages a 15000 head lamb feedyard.He has been here about 5 years now and would not go back for anything.Pm me if I can help you out.

last i heard Alaska used to pay people (as in gov. support) if they moved there and wanted to start their own business..... just as long as you dont mind not seeing the sun for a few months.... among other things :D

i rather like where i am.... i dont like the county i live in, but thats what you get.. mini governments within many governments.. but there are better places than this in Florida! all kinds of game, hunting dogs are legal, easy to get a permit, plus fishing, camping, horse riding is great (around the east coast they have Thoroughbred farms).. i used to work on a ranch and had 200 acres all to myself, just me and my dogs.. there are other perks too but too many to list... and of course there are pitfalls.. again too many to list :p

Guest Ditch_Shitter
Look into coming to Alberta or Saskatchewan.not as many people and the hunting is great.

Have a good friend from the U.K he now manages a 15000 head lamb feedyard.He has been here about 5 years now and would not go back for anything. Pm me if I can help you out.

Know what? Apart from saying Well Done to Tyla for actually demonstrating the TRUE " Bulldog Spirit ", as in knowing when ones 'adversary' isn't even worth pissing on, and walking away. Rather than posting vitriol against ones situation in a bloody forum, then bleating on about " Friends and family ". As I've told my own family members; " If they haven't got the where with all to get out? They're f*cked. Stay and ride the same Cattle Truck, if that's all ye up to. " :yes:

I'd simply like to add that, hand on heart; I have Yet to meet, or otherwise encounter, an unpleasent Canadian! And, yes; I've met my share.

If ye thinking globally, Tyla? Canada sounds good to me too :good:

Have a good friend from the U.K he now manages a 15000 head lamb feedyard.He has been here about 5 years now and would not go back for anything. Pm me if I can help you out.

Know what? Apart from saying Well Done to Tyla for actually demonstrating the TRUE " Bulldog Spirit ", as in knowing when ones 'adversary' isn't even worth pissing on, and walking away. Rather than posting vitriol against ones situation in a bloody forum, then bleating on about " Friends and family ". As I've told my own family members; " If they haven't got the where with all to get out? They're f*cked. Stay and ride the same Cattle Truck, if that's all ye up to. " :yes:

I'd simply like to add that, hand on heart; I have Yet to meet, or otherwise encounter, an unpleasent Canadian! And, yes; I've met my share.

If ye thinking globally, Tyla? Canada sounds good to me too :good:

Thank you Ditch! :) Most Canadians are good people.We get the odd idiot but we just smile and mind our manners. :yes:

All you need is a pulse!!!!!!!!! 8)

Hurry up!! The place is starting to fill with the ethnics that you people are fed up with.Although I don't think its as bad here.Still too many to suit me! :)

Have a good friend from the U.K he now manages a 15000 head lamb feedyard.He has been here about 5 years now and would not go back for anything.Pm me if I can help you out.

:yes::thumbs:

I have a mate that has just moved out their, he loves it, freedom of the unbelievable nature. :D

Its ment to be the bets country to live in. ;)

Alaska would be my second choice, but id have to cross my whippets with a husky. :laugh::laugh:

Guest craftycarper

There was an ad in the sun yesterday for australia & canada wanting builders, electricians,hairdressers, car mechanical/bodywork and autosprayers. Australia are taking in up to 48 yrs old and they will train you for two years and then you can apply for residency, plus you can also work 20 hours per week while training, canada up to the age of fifty and i think the training was for twelve weeks, there was a website www.immigrationunit.com or phone 08452606030 to see if you are eligable, i'm thinking on the same wavelength......