Gun Crime up 4%

Gun crime up by 4%? Now that surprises me,I would have thought it much more than that! I have noticed though,very little, if any gun incidents are reported as involving a sawn off shotgun. With handguns seemingly freely available,from perhaps middle eastern or Russian sources,no one uses the sawn off now. Perhaps those of us with legally held shotguns etc will be left alone for a bit? No needless restrictions thought up as a knee jerk reaction?

Well we can hope anyway. :rolleyes:

but is that 4% on the licenced law abiding citizens guns, or the unlicenced ones the crooks use :blink: a proper survey please :clapper::clapper:

Whats the phrase.."there are lies...downright lies, and then there are statistics" ....... or something like that.

Anyway to add some more info....

Depending on whose figure you look at between 1% and 2% of gun crime is committed by licence holders, which would suggest between 98-99% was commited by illegally held guns.

Now ..who can define "Gun Crime"

Guest craftycarper
Gun crime up by 4%? Now that surprises me,I would have thought it much more than that! I have noticed though,very little, if any gun incidents are reported as involving a sawn off shotgun. With handguns seemingly freely available,from perhaps middle eastern or Russian sources,no one uses the sawn off now. Perhaps those of us with legally held shotguns etc will be left alone for a bit? No needless restrictions thought up as a knee jerk reaction?

Well we can hope anyway. :rolleyes:

bloody amazing that, i would have thought the figures were higher, whats more amazing is they knocked my application for upgrading my SGC to Fac yet these other tossers can buy a firearm quite easily from a pub car park :censored:

i wonder what their percentages are for knife crime, bet thats a lie as well.....