Advice going light

How often do you treat your birds guys? 

Lad on YouTube treats his birds once a month.

What  about youngsters? When do you start and when do you finish treatment?

Starting up next year after a while out. Gave up because of losing birds going light..even adults.

Any advice appreciated.

What birds did you have going light on you? I treat young goldies from when they fledge until they've moulted with baycox once a month and they get through ok, greenies and siskins were the same when I had them.

Goldies, siskin chaffinches. I think theproblem was I bought second hand cages and maybe they were contaminated. I treated them with Intradine but it was too late. Thanks for advice. Can you buy baycox no problem?

On 12/06/2022 at 19:20, jukel123 said:

How often do you treat your birds guys? 

Lad on YouTube treats his birds once a month.

What  about youngsters? When do you start and when do you finish treatment?

Starting up next year after a while out. Gave up because of losing birds going light..even adults.

Any advice appreciated.

Red mite can make your birds go light mate too harbouring diseases , specially the hens if there on young in the nest , plus it will kill the young too if not treated straight away there a nightmare. The mites infects the birds blood on a night when the birds are perched up , or when the hens bedded down on young in the nest pans . I give my young baycox once at 40 days old when a Start to red the masks with red mask. You can give the pairs of birds it that have young on. The pair will drink the mix then when there feeding the young they should benefit from it. Other is coccis which is commonly from the birds eating seed of the bottom of the cages or aviary that's mixed in with there shite. So when the parents are doing this it will get past onto the young when feeding. You'll get this more it your using feeder canaries. There more likely to eat off the bottom of the cage even when you've food on tap they love to scrat about on the floor. My advice to anyone is cut to size some mesh bottoms alot cheaper than buying individual bottoms that soon rush up if the powder coating once wear off. The  galv mesh homemade one's will lasts alot longer. Get some D.E powder too dust round the birdroom cages too that will dry the mite out too or any other nasties  

• Thanks 1