'Office' Chairs?

:( Thanks, Wilf. 'If Only' ..... I like a bit of quality in shit as important as this myself. Unfortunately, I just haven't even got the time ~ or pain threshold! ~ to start scratching around on google any more.

Amazon Prime says I'll have it by Tuesday? Think I'll try to work on the turtle tank, and Sleep as much as I can till then! This is effecting me ~ Already! ~ in ways I couldn't have imagined.

It's like my whole body's saying to me; " Oh, ye thought That was bad? Here: Fukking try This!!! " And some other muscle mass or nerve grouping's showing me torture!

• Like 1

Just now, Ken's Deputy said:

:( Thanks, Wilf. 'If Only' ..... I like a bit of quality in shit as important as this myself. Unfortunately, I just haven't even got the time ~ or pain threshold! ~ to start scratching around on google any more.

Amazon Prime says I'll have it by Tuesday? Think I'll try to work on the turtle tank, and Sleep as much as I can till then! This is effecting me ~ Already! ~ in ways I couldn't have imagined.

It's like my whole body's saying to me; " Oh, ye thought That was bad? Here: Fukking try This!!! " And some other muscle mass or nerve grouping's showing me torture!

Unfortunately mate, most of the bargain chairs, Amazon chairs, all flash and wizzy looking for £125 are Chinese and they work on at least 30 or 40% returns because the quality is terrible.

Secondhand giroflex 64 will last you a lifetime and you can pull the seat pad and back pad off and just recover yourself if the material gets a bit thin.

Probably set you back £150 and you’ll never have to buy another.

Thats all mate, you have been properly advised ?

• Like 4

One I'm in lasted over twenty years, look. Wasn't cheap, back then. Certainly wasn't any of this chink shit either :(

I know I'm buying over priced tat, mate. Needs must thing. If someone said they had a G64 for me, and could get it to me by Tuesday? I'd have took their f***ing hand off!

Unfortunately, whilst age has Really calmed down my 'Must have it Now ' compulsion ~ I can move through life itself like a sloth now ~ I just Can't sit back and wait for the right deal to materialise, as my body deconstructs itself, painfully, as I sit here.

God, this fukking hurts! I'll have fukking sciatic trouble before next week, at this rate! :cry: Neck to, now, my Legs! Jesus!

• Like 1

:boogy: It's Here!!!

Okay. Yeah. Screams of chink child slave labour sweat. But, what's a man to do, given the circumstances?

My old one cost me £70.00, twenty odd years ago. This one cost me, what was it? £120.00? I dunno. Either way; Neither of us is gonna be around in another twenty fukking years!

Must admit, when I sat in this one, it felt So good ~ not sitting on a fukking rat box!!! ~ my head fell back in a massive sigh of pleasure and relief.

And the soft hands of the head rest cupped the back of my head and whispered, " Resting, Sir ...? " :wub: The Fukking Material!!! :clapper: I can do with some of This! :yes:

Only the one problem now. @WILF? Do You know where I can find a set of these 'Sit Break' casters, please? One's that sink to and hold the floor, when ye weight hits the seat?

God knows how I've tried to find them! Ended up with a wholesaler in US and a pair of knock off 'ray bans' from the chinks, operating through a UK address!!! :wallbash:

Only, in very short order, I'll be having to screw a 2x2 to this floor. Stop me gracefully rolling to the back wall, every time I sit down! ?

2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

:boogy: It's Here!!!

Okay. Yeah. Screams of chink child slave labour sweat. But, what's a man to do, given the circumstances?

My old one cost me £70.00, twenty odd years ago. This one cost me, what was it? £120.00? I dunno. Either way; Neither of us is gonna be around in another twenty fukking years!

Must admit, when I sat in this one, it felt So good ~ not sitting on a fukking rat box!!! ~ my head fell back in a massive sigh of pleasure and relief.

And the soft hands of the head rest cupped the back of my head and whispered, " Resting, Sir ...? " :wub: The Fukking Material!!! :clapper: I can do with some of This! :yes:

Only the one problem now. @WILF? Do You know where I can find a set of these 'Sit Break' casters, please? One's that sink to and hold the floor, when ye weight hits the seat?

God knows how I've tried to find them! Ended up with a wholesaler in US and a pair of knock off 'ray bans' from the chinks, operating through a UK address!!! :wallbash:

Only, in very short order, I'll be having to screw a 2x2 to this floor. Stop me gracefully rolling to the back wall, every time I sit down! ?

They don’t do them for office chairs really, you can either have wheels or pads.

• Sad 1

Damn! Lump of fukking wood screwed to my floor it is then! :cry:

I'd Really hoped to avoid that, as you might imagine! But, this floor's more pissed than ever I'll be. And, frankly? I've about done with the bungee cords bit! That got a bit testing too!

Mine came from Germany via Ebay, took me a while to find a real leather one, the arm rest and base are aluminium, often people say 'i like that' when they see it. Havent seen anything resemble it. Was less than 200, my purchase history doesnt back that far on ebay now, had it maybe 5 year.

Maybe translate 'leather office chair' into german and search ebay.de

Edit:

Just found it! Underneath was a sticker 'Skyport Group GMBH'.

In black, more than I remember paying, but if thats the price & I needed to replace... 

Amstyle Bürostuhl AUSTIN Echt-Leder Schwarz Schreibtischstuhl 120KG C, 346,99 € (baulinger.de)

AMSTYLE Office Chair AUSTIN Genuine Leather Caramel Desk Chair 120KG Executive Chair High Backrest with Headrest X-XL (skyport-group.de)

AMSTYLE office chair AUSTIN genuine leather Caramel desk chair XXL padding Executive chair high back with headrest swivel design hard floor casters swivel armchair height adjustable tilt function high ...: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Edited by Waz

@Waz Frankly, I'm quite contented with the one I've got now :) It has a comfy, cushioned seat ~ My old one had Loooong since been scratched and bitten right down to the bare ply wood base! Very hard on a boney bum! :icon_eek:

This one has a slightly higher back. The head rest effect is out of this world! :boogy: It even has arms that fold up. If, for any reason, I should decide that's a good idea.

Back's mesh. Perfectly comfortable. I wonder if it may let more warmth get at my back, when I light the stove again?

Must say; Even I noticed the evident lack of any quality or workmanship about it, straight away! The base Looks cheap and roughly cast / finished. One of Wilf's 'Giro' ones this is Not!

But, it is what it is. If it lasts me a year or two? I can grab a new one. Or, if I see it coming? I'll start looking for a Giro!

We have to bear in mind now that I'm simply not gonna Need a chair for Another twenty years.

Oh! And, fukk me! This thing, I could pick up and probably manage to swing across the room? The old one?! Jesus fukking christ! It nearly fukking killed me, just dragging it out of here!!! :icon_eek: (Dunno. Maybe it's age? But, I Never considered that thing to weigh an absolute fukking ton! Did though)

Just wish it wouldn't shoot backwards ?

I very nearly Bought a 'proper' Gaming chair one time, Katch. Fukk me! Speakers in the head rest. Shook when ye were involved in an explosion?! God knows what else it did.

Not sure why I decided against it now. My sister almost wet herself at the prospect, when I mentioned it to her. She liked her games at the time.

Maybe I just got over it all? Can't even remember why I now have a PS3 gathering dust in a back room. Shit ton of games all stored away. Probably just as well I haven't got a £300 chair in there too! :icon_eek:

• 5 months later...

I have a Herman Miller Aeron at the office and it is really nice in terms of lumbar adjustability. I found it comfortable when sitting correctly in it but I got lazy and would slouch in it for 8+ hours. Totally negated the whole lumbar support of it.

I'm thinking that slouching for that long in that chair contributed to my 2 herniated discs. That pain peaked when we got sent home for corona around March 17th. I use a varier balans chair at home and get up often (fridge breaks lol). The sciatic nerve pain from the herniated discs is gone and I contribute the better posture and no slouching to it.

Anyway - sorry to derail but yes, a good chair is very important in my opinion. You can check out here many options that Worth the cost. Just dont lame out and slouch in them like I did. And get up often too!

1 hour ago, fredric55 said:

I have a Herman Miller Aeron at the office and it is really nice in terms of lumbar adjustability. I found it comfortable when sitting correctly in it but I got lazy and would slouch in it for 8+ hours. Totally negated the whole lumbar support of it.

I'm thinking that slouching for that long in that chair contributed to my 2 herniated discs. That pain peaked when we got sent home for corona around March 17th. I use a varier balans chair at home and get up often (fridge breaks lol). The sciatic nerve pain from the herniated discs is gone and I contribute the better posture and no slouching to it.

Anyway - sorry to derail but yes, a good chair is very important in my opinion. You can check out here many options that Worth the cost. Just dont lame out and slouch in them like I did. And get up often too!

Aerons ain’t for everyone and you have to make sure you have the correct size (A,B,C)  despite all the adjustments.

Also, the mesh (like leather) is slippy (for want of a better word) and you will slip down in the day and hey presto, bad back.

A decent band one wool mix fabric is much better.

Aerons became a bit “vogue” but the fact is most of them are too big for people and ultimately not that comfortable. 

If I was spending time in an office chair I’d be Giroflex, HAG, Verco in a wool mix fabric.

• Like 1