.22lr moderator issue

On 15/04/2022 at 23:23, Sausagedog said:

I have buddy, silencers get caked up often with a mix of bullet lube and powder residue. 

While some may not get filled with the stuff and maybe even self clean to some extent others do get a build up.

I agree about 22 barrels, don't clean them unless that if a really bad ammunition has been used that had nearly zero bullet lube. Possible leading could result.

Good ammo, just shoot.

Some .22lr powder is filthy, mine have SAK on them and simply taking them off and thumping them, piles of crud fall out!

I clean all my barrels regularly, but my .22lr's the least, they are dedicated, Sub Sonic Lead ammo guns, no copper coat.   Just the same when I do clean them it is carefully and thoroughly, I never use a bore snake as the OP mentioned, evil things!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I don't clean my barrel at all but every now and then I take off my Wildcat Panther mod and give it a few taps on the bench after opening it up, loads of crap fall out then check with 10 shots and we are away again.

Phil