Permission lost ?

Recently lost my shooting permission on a local farm, not through any fault of my own. The farm as been bought out and the new owner have contracted pest controllers. I am abit gutted as iv been shooting there for 2 years, and didn’t really think about gaining other shoots as this was perfect for the very limited free time I have. I’m hoping to get some advice, how to gain another shoot? I have a Fx Impact mk2 177, pard 008 night vision, and insured to shoot on land.  I really don’t want to sell my set up as it’s my pride and joy, but the thought of having it sat doing nothing is the worse thoughts. 

I’m located in West/South Yorkshire, but would travel.

cheers any advice would be good.

Sorry to hear that, it is not what anyone wants. As you have had two years on the land, it would be worthwhile asking any and all ajoining landowners / tenents as they will know the previous farmer so you can reference him as your introduction.  Failing that, it is a case of hitting the road and cold calling but it is very worthwhile to speak to EVERYONE you know and that means relatives, friends and work mates if they know anyone with land, check with allotments in your area as they can get pestered to death with pigeon, rabbits and rats even churches can have major issues with pigeon although that is one to be careful of if the church is in town.

Take a tip, when you do find another, get round any friends the new perm owner can refer you to in order to build up a small but productive group of perms. By getting referals we picked up 3 new perms last year and 4 the year before however I must admit that I live in a village not a town so perhaps a little easier for me.

Lots of luck matey.

Phil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear and the something happened to me on golf course last year 

That I’ve been shooting on for the last 21 years. And it’s not nice at all when this happens :cry:

But something else will come along and like others have said go speak to other farmers and go knocking on doors

good luck bud :good:

• Thanks 1