Air Arms S510

Gone has the HW110 problem after problem with it ,lost patience and faith in it , looking in local gun shop for a replacement decided on the S510 bsa was close but didn’t like the bolt action cocking , so what’s the best mods I can make to the 510 ?  Cheers 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

On 16/01/2022 at 04:15, sam r said:

Gone has the HW110 problem after problem with it ,lost patience and faith in it , looking in local gun shop for a replacement decided on the S510 bsa was close but didn’t like the bolt action cocking , so what’s the best mods I can make to the 510 ?  Cheers 

Did you buy the regulated version? 

5 hours ago, sam r said:

No standard 510

That's good news. 

As there are the very occasional problems with their regs. Mine for instance! 

Just decide if you want a Huma or a Tench regulator fitted. Then either fit it yourself of get one of the people who advocate those products...... 

I'm my experience, the silencer is very quiet, but I found tighter groups with a stripper fitted, as I only shoot targets with mine. Some 3mm smaller indoors. Mine had a very specific problem yours won't have for obvious really. 

Trigger is too thin, I'll fix that next. 

Some people will tell you not to bother with regs as the guns are so good without them... But just imagine how good that would be with 3 to 5 fps spread. 

Personaly I wish I'd not have bought the regd version mine would just be arriving back now from one the reg fitters now.... 

I've seen one with a Huma shoot and the deviation was probably pretty much down to pellet weight. 

Personaly I'd try one of them. 

7 hours ago, JakeFury said:

That's good news. 

As there are the very occasional problems with their regs. Mine for instance! 

Just decide if you want a Huma or a Tench regulator fitted. Then either fit it yourself of get one of the people who advocate those products...... 

I'm my experience, the silencer is very quiet, but I found tighter groups with a stripper fitted, as I only shoot targets with mine. Some 3mm smaller indoors. Mine had a very specific problem yours won't have for obvious really. 

Trigger is too thin, I'll fix that next. 

Some people will tell you not to bother with regs as the guns are so good without them... But just imagine how good that would be with 3 to 5 fps spread. 

Personaly I wish I'd not have bought the regd version mine would just be arriving back now from one the reg fitters now.... 

I've seen one with a Huma shoot and the deviation was probably pretty much down to pellet weight. 

Personaly I'd try one of them. 

I’m not worried about a regulator , as you say something else to go wrong , mate has a BSA with a reg fitted that went tits up hrs now been without a gun for 4 weeks , mines used for pest control 

4 hours ago, sam r said:

I’m not worried about a regulator , as you say something else to go wrong , mate has a BSA with a reg fitted that went tits up hrs now been without a gun for 4 weeks , mines used for pest control 

I don't think it'll go tits up mate. 

I'm your case obviously dont remove the silencer. Lol.. 

A solid Reg Tench or Huma is unlikely to give issues from my extensive research... But obviously it's still gonna be a great gun. 

You got a pard?