Coursing

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heard this was on another site :whistling: .......these things happen to all breeds of dogs ....now some folks will be automaticly think ...iam sticking up for the dog ....because its saluki ,...but iam not ..ive seen dogs jack on numours occasions on all types off quarry ....but it isnt always the dogs fault or the breeding ....its mostly down to the owner ..not always but somtimes .....and there a few reasons for this .....before i go on i dont think its funny about any dog jacking no matter what the breeding or type ...anybody who has had a dog jack while i was with them i would be gutted for them it cant be a nice thing to have ....and you people who have just watched this and thought it was funny your fooking nob heads .....anyway somtimes a dog pulls up jacks stashers whatever you want to call ..it could be because it wasnt fit or its got an injury that you havent spotted ..ect ect ect ......if it has none of these reasons and its just jacked because of lack of heart ..then never breed from it and do whats best for the dog ........all the best snoop ... :thumbs:

Edited by snoopdog

just like to add this ...9 times out off 10 a dog will jack because of bad dogmanship ...not knowing when the dogs had enough ...... :thumbs: and to put it back on the lead .....also like to add ive never had a jacker and hopefully never will ..... :thumbs:

as you can see these sort of posts and people thinking its funny gets my back up ...just a few warnings......never get caught up in the numbers game ...iam guilty off this myself ....now iam not saying a dog shouldnt be tested to its full potential becase it should ....but the thing is to KNOW YOUR OWN DOG and forget about your pride and look out for your dog and the signs ....like i said iam guilty of making this mistake and have learnt a valuble lesson lucky for me the dog didnt have a stash in him and would keel over first but i can gaurentee you it wont ever happen again ..... :thumbs: ....

Edited by snoopdog

I dont agree Joe, Have you ever felt so crap for whatever reason you have stayed in rather than go out with your dog even though you love going out? Doesn't mean you will never go out and do it again does it?

I dont know about the bad handling theory, but i do know a dog can not work because it is physically unable to do so at times. Yet can work the rest of the season no bother.

Ive got a 3.5 legged dog here that has provided my freezer with food on many occasions since her injury, food i would not have had , if i had her PTS ;)

I do agree though they should not be passed about :good:

Moll.

SNOOPS IS RIGHT MOST DOGS DO IT FOR A REASON MINE HAVE NEVER DONE IT THERE HAVE BEEN TIMES I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BUT NEVER A LOT OF THE TIME THE DOGS ARE CUT I,M GUILTY OF THIS USED TO RUN DOGS SMASHED UP ALL THE TIME BUT DONT NO MORE I LET THEM HEAL PROPERLY MOST OF THE TIME ITS DOWN TO THE OWNER OF THE DOG

dont get me wrong some dogs just put on the brakes for no apparent reason .....but imagine this :hmm: lets say it your best mate lamping partner daytime partner ...whatever ...they have put all there time into this dog got it fit ....feed it ...no injuries ,,,and fooking bang it puts the brakes on ...how do you feel for your mate ...???do you laugh ....do you fook ..you are guttered for him ..or her ....not a funny thing to see .....

right rant over ......if the dog jacks for no aprrent reason ....at the least it should be neuted... :thumbs:

Edited by snoopdog
Snoop, I would give my lamping partner my honest opinion and would expect him to do the same :thumbs:
what do you mean joe ....???what iam saying ive seen people laughing and thinking its funny because a dog jacks ...would you laugh at your mate joe if his dog threw the towel in after all the work he had put in and the high exspectations he had off the dog .....i think not joe ....off course you would tell them what you though but it aint a laughing matter .....if somebody laughed at me if my dog jacked in front of them ..i would knock them on there arse .....and i know my mates wouldnt laugh because if they did they arnt mates inmo :victory: