advice and instructions.

I am hoping you can help me with advice as how I can blue my shotgun again.Just purchased a Baikal O/U and its a little tatty.I enquired in the local gun shop how its done and the information I recieved was a little vague to say the least.There is very little rust(if any)on it but its lost its luster.I was told to get fine wire wool and polish it to a very high silver shine,removing any traces of the old blue applied,also warned under no circumstances should I place my hands on it at this stage.I then have to wash any traces of oil or grit from it and once all this is done apply the blue,which I purchased last week.I expect this is far from the perfect way its done so if you could advise/direct me as to what I should do/use and how to use certain products I would be most grateful.I have never attempted this before so I really need'' the idiots guide to blueing your barrels''version.premature thanks,Jigsaw.

jaysus lads wheres all the well informed people on here?come on help me, :angry:

I'm sorry to say this mate but I've never had any decent results with DIY kits, at best they make a shit job. I've had far better results by spraying with black paint and baking.