BAD FERRET .

They were filming  at the stables near where i live  and a very young  Ferret walked on to the set  and as i am down for the Rabbiting  it was brought to me , it is a very young Jill Razor thin ,covered  in Ticks and i did not think it would last the night but unfortunately it did , at first i treated the Ticks with Fairey Liquid  then fed Her on High Protein food and after a Week she looked like it would live .. then the problems started ! it is impossible to pick up because it retreats to a corner hissing at you and it will not stop fighting with the two hobs that are in the cage even though it is a third of their size. In all my years keeping Ferrets i have never had anything like this and i am not sure on my next move .

It seems quiet when you hold her the problem is  picking it up 

the second picture shows her size against this years Hob .

IMG_20211009_142027.jpg

IMG_20211009_142244.jpg

• Like 1

Last time I picked up a wild one was in 1980. Exactly same response you are finding but she did settle eventually. Although As a teenager I had more time to rehab her, not sure I could manage today. It took months before I could work her, I remember first time I let her loose in the garden to check she would tolerate our dogs she legged it and I had to corner her and shout to get my dad's welding glove for her to latch onto so I could grab her with other hand. Nevertheless like others on the thread she had once been someone's tame worker and although never perfect actually never did bite and lock and did find her place in the group hierarchy. 

22 hours ago, micky said:

This one might be dropped of up there in a couple of weeks Don as there is nothing i can do with it  though funny enough it has nipped me a few times but never broke the skin .

I'd give her a bit more time, handling, maybe caged separately as she sounds scared and not vicious.